Mercedes G Wagon: Well I guess I stand corrected.

They get relatively cheap after a while and they have some issues, I suppose MB must put some little styling cues on the new ones too, so the ladies driving these around can show they have a "new" one. I was surprised how common they were in North Vancouver, kind of the anti Tesla.

The neighbors wife drives an AMG G 63. It has some pep. But it's slower than the wifes mall-crawler BMW. The G wagon would have the edge in deep snow or on 4wd trails, however.

If only they sold a less tarted up model in the US..... Came close once, but decided that it was over the top for me and then I saw one on TV disgorging a load of Kardashians and I said 'never!' :D

Great vehicles though. Know folks who have an early Puch one.

This company does a complete tear down and rebuild. The photos tell the tale as they say.

@Trav would probably like as well.

Last edited:
Saw this one on my way home from work a few months ago. Don't scold me too much for taking a pic while driving, traffic was light.

Gold-GWagon.jpg

Well darn. It did have a cel so we pulled the code and did some digging. It has a dead cylinder. Adding oil did not raise the compression up any so either a bad valve or a hole in a piston. Only has 83000 miles.
borescope. all the 157 and 278s score cylinders bad

The G Wagon is the only off-road capable SUV that I might prefer over my Sahara 4xe. Of course it costs four times as much...

Back