Last of the Tauri...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or is it Taurses?

Anyways, at one point in time my family owned 5 Ford Taurus's. Everything from a 99 to a 2004.

This past weekend my sister drove around 100 miles before telling anyone her engine was giving her trouble. We all met at the restaruant and I drove the car back to my parents home. I was [censored] that anyone would drive a car in such bad condition in the first place, but my folks told me to drive it home, another 5 miles wouldn't hurt it.

So my father had it towed into the shop. We just aren't set up to pull an engine.
The shop called yesterday that all 6 cylinders had low compression and that they were pulling the valve covers to see if it was some burned valves.
They pulled the valve covers and couldn't find anything.
So it was in the lower end of the engine.

This is the car that has been on several 10,000 and 12,000 mile Oil Change Intervals with Bulk dino oil. This is the car that my sister puts gas in and expects to get her anywhere even though the engine light has been on for 2 weeks. Used and abused. The Vulcan engine only had 120,000 miles on it. Practically new in my book. Yet she managed to destroy it.
She was warned, and now...

My parents give her the 2011 Chevy Trailblazer they bought and just paid off. My Father bought it new soon after they announced that they were discontinuing the model. He has babied it ever since.
On-Star sends my father e-mails about oil changes and tire pressure, so hopefully He can twist her arm into listening.

Of all the Taurus's My Family has owned I have the last one. It was the first car (and only car) Ive purchased, after my 1983 Ford LTD died in 2003. The little red Taurus has almost 190,000 miles on it.

She has 2 degrees from a freaking IVY LEAGUE school and she cannot be bothered to read an oil change sticker.
Then she gets rewarded for her idiocy.

I bought and paid off my first car before I was her age.

as sad as that is, lots of people just dont care about vehicles. i've learned this same thing over several years while troubleshooting computers. people do not care about them either.

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
as sad as that is, lots of people just dont care about vehicles. i've learned this same thing over several years while troubleshooting computers. people do not care about them either.

The older I get the less I care. My car is not an extension of myself. While I do stay on top of maintance, and repairs, and try to understand all the systems etc--I can see why other people just want point a to point be transportation. I'm the same way when it comes to watching TV or home repairs.

And one wonders why the owner's manual has such extensive mantance list built into it... A good number of people who don't care would probably do well with an honest dealer and just bringing in the car every 5k. Expensive, but otherwise well served. [Assuming it can go an OCI w/o emptying the crankcase.]

A 2011 Trailblazer. Apparently, that's her reward for being an idiot.

My Dad would have a used engine dropped in that Taurus, and have given it back to her. Apparently, maintaining a car is *very* low on her list of priorities.

I guess you all will get to find out how long it takes her to trash that Trailblazer as well.

Your parents are your sister's "enablers". And they're only making it worse.

It takes a lot to kill a Vulcan engine. She obviously figured out how to do it.

Why not keep tabs on her oil? Have her buy some PP and go 10k intervals. Show her how to check the oil on the dipstick and tell her its the lifeblood of the car. If any "idiot" lights come on do something about it immediately. I noticed this lady this morning backing up and not stopping before putting it in drive. I hate that.

Originally Posted By: SuperDave456
Or is it Taurses?

This past weekend my sister drove around 100 miles before telling anyone her engine was giving her trouble.

So my father had it towed into the shop.

Yet she managed to destroy it.
She was warned, and now...

My parents give her the 2011 Chevy Trailblazer they bought and just paid off.
She has 2 degrees from a freaking IVY LEAGUE school and she cannot be bothered to read an oil change sticker.
Then she gets rewarded for her idiocy.

Here's why....daddy has given her everything, including towing and diagnosis. She has never learned to fend for herself, automobile wise.

If she had paid for those two vehicles she might have learned.

Good luck....

That's funny. 120000 on a Taurus is barely broken in yet hers it toast. And as a reward for destroying it she gets a new trailblazer.
Any chance adopting me?

Must be a 'give to those who need'? I paid for my degree, and have not asked for money from anyone in 20+ years and I get nothing...I have family members that get the same thing as OP's sister. The only thing that burns me is my jealousy, but I am managing as I age to look past that as it is just a waste of time. I have a family and myself to support; so time moves..and I seem to prefer to be surrounded by people who know how to treat people and their possessions with respect as they have used their own money to buy things-

If my people had given me a car when I was in college, I'd have treated it with care and maintained everything, the same as if I'd bought it myself. Partly because the alternative (riding buses, or cadging rides from ever-more-reluctant friends) would have been so much worse, and partly because I don't like to see a car abused.

Wow... I wonder if they are Carnoobie's parents too? LOL
28.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mpvue
2 ivy league degrees and she isn't self supporting yet?

Yeah I'm X3 on this. What's she do for work?

My sister scammed my parents into a graduate degree from a religious school, they were just so impressed that she was on a "mission" or whatever. She also wrecked a car without A/C so she could get A/C.

Originally Posted By: SuperDave456

My parents give her the 2011 Chevy Trailblazer they bought and just paid off. My Father bought it new soon after they announced that they were discontinuing the model. He has babied it ever since.
On-Star sends my father e-mails about oil changes and tire pressure, so hopefully He can twist her arm into listening.

Considering 2009 was the last model year for the Trailblazer in the US, that is one very special Trailblazer if it really is a 2011 model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back