Last Day as a Dad

@Shannow I've felt horrible for you since the day you let us know of this situation.

Your kids are young yet. I have a feeling they'll come to their senses at some point in the future, once they have some true clarity.

As painful as it is, all you can do is focus on your life, remember the good stuff with them and endure.

No matter what any person, group, government says or does. No matter how anyone in this universe "feels" about this, or the ages of all involved........you will always be their father.

Last edited:
I often think about how the various powers that be, hate the "so called" alpha male, the competition, the man who thinks for himself and knows how to act like a man. They are perfectly OK with a low T man, compliant and agreeable in everything, never rocking the boat, funding through his skillset and labor, the solution to everyone else's problems.

Marriage is an agreement between the state and a man. Nothing more. It has nothing to do with love, or even friendship between 2 people. It has everything to do with controlling society and keeping men in check.

As mentioned above, unless things change (unlikely) the powers that be will continue to abuse the very men that engineered the world out of abject poverty, powered every modern nation, built 100% of the factories, conceived, designed and produced 100% of the products everyone uses, and make every thing work and every bit of food grow,,, at every possible opportunity.

It is that simple.

Sigma here...
but yes, there's a systemic destruction that I've watched, firstly the extended family, grandkids and grandparents was a societal binder...now the family per se.

Unfortunately that's how it goes as the State (i.e. society) has a vested interest in not becoming financially responsible.

In any case I can only hope things turn around as your kids get older. Stay physically close if you can but let me tell you it's not going to get any easier. If you're not physically close once marriage w/kids and holidays roll around you risk being third man walking behind the in-laws. I'm speaking as a son of divorced parents whose father lived 900 miles away.
When they were 3 miles away, they couldn't have bikes and drivers' licences.

As of last year, it's 1,400km, and a 12 hour ferry ride...

No matter what any person, group, government says or does. No matter how anyone in this universe "feels" about this, or the ages of all involved........you will always be their father.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Is the total end all be all truth.

Shannow walk in that truth… Be the man, the person and father you truly are every day.

Do not give place, station or foot hold to anger, bitterness or resentment…

Walk in the love for your children…

Time, circumstance and growth can all bring about change’s within your children to drastically turn everything around.

Women have an issue if you put your phone face down? What is wrong with them? Don't they have anything better to worry about (I know, rhetorical question).

Guess I got a good one. 31 years this year and still going strong. I trust her, she trusts me. She can look at my phone any time she wants, and I hers, but we never do.

Women have an issue if you put your phone face down? What is wrong with them? Don't they have anything better to worry about (I know, rhetorical question).

Guess I got a good one. 31 years this year and still going strong. I trust her, she trusts me. She can look at my phone any time she wants, and I hers, but we never do.
Wife and I are the same, just how you describe you two. After those many years we been thru and done it all for and to each other. We made a promise years ago (if & it is not often at all) we are in a fight, neither goes to sleep until it is over. One time I was checking some lottery tickets (losers of course) and I realized. I already hit my jackpot/powerball when my wife said "I do" back in 1978.

Back