Last Day as a Dad

It was one of my wife’s as well until I explained it to her, same reasons as you.

I’m also sorry about your whole situation…. You’ve handled it far better than I would have. Godspeed Shannow.
Good lord. This is more common than I thought.

I am the naive idiot who might ask "What are you expecting to see on my phone?"

Me too. I mean, not having had this conversation but reading just this thread, I guess I could see the reasoning that I am guessing at.

We were dating at the time and her ex boyfriend had cheated on her, so I can’t blame her… we were also 17 and 20 at the time

7euyaa.jpg

A sad story that is unfortunately repeated thousands of times.

I don't know how it is in Australia, but in USA, child support is a nice boost to the local state governments.

According to this article, parents on the receiving end get about 62% of what the other parent is paying. Robbery and extortion in plain sight.

https://usafacts.org/articles/how-much-child-support-do-parents-actually-receive/
They get 62% of what they're supposed to receive not what the other parent is earning.

They get 62% of what they're supposed to receive not what the other parent is earning.
The article talks about the child support program, the government is garnishing your wages and you have no say in the matter.
Who do you think funds these programs? Why are they so eager to grant such large amounts of money to the the mothers? Oftentimes leaving very little for the father to live off of. Simple, the more they garnish the more they can skim off. It's a corrupt and rigged system.

How old was she at the time? I thought she was always spot on back in the 90's.
What I saw spanned a fairly large age gap - they are easy to find.

She started out with pretty reasonable positions, but turned into trap calls Jerry Sringer like digging into people.

The article talks about the child support program, the government is garnishing your wages and you have no say in the matter.
Who do you think funds these programs? Why are they so eager to grant such large amounts of money to the the mothers? Oftentimes leaving very little for the father to live off of. Simple, the more they garnish the more they can skim off. It's a corrupt and rigged system.
The article is about how only 1/3 actually receive the amount that they're supposed to get.

You always have say in the matter it just may not carry as much weight as you would hope. I review divorce decrees all the time and they routinely contain the worksheets which are used to calculate the amount of support based off the earnings of both parents. When mom has been out of the workforce for 10 yrs she's not going to be earning a lot. You can't fault her if both parties previously agreed she should be a stay at home mom.

Nonpayment is why states have become more involved. Some states garnish and payments are made to the state agency which then distributes to the other party. State agencies will also keep track of arrearage for years of nonpayment. There's no skimming as the processing fee is pennies on the dollar or nothing at all.

The biggest difference I've seen in 20 years is that women are just as likely to pay support.

Last edited:
The biggest difference I've seen in 20 years is that women are just as likely to pay support.
Is that one of stats? just like asking a mechanic which brands they see most in their shop.

https://dadsdivorce.com/articles/dads-represent-85-of-child-support-providers-pay-more-than-female-payers/
Men account for 85% of those ordered to pay child support.

Even in the rare instance where the mother is ordered to pay child support, courts are not ordering women to pay as much as male providers. Annual child support payments averaged $5,450 from male providers and $3,500 from female providers, nearly 56% less

Is that one of stats? just like asking a mechanic which brands they see most in their shop.

https://dadsdivorce.com/articles/dads-represent-85-of-child-support-providers-pay-more-than-female-payers/
No. It's my anecdotal observation. Statistically men generally still earn more than women and earn more than their ex-wives so it should be no surprise that they pay more child support. This is on top of that fact that the courts generally favor the mother as the domicile of the children.

I did have a decree last week where the kids lived with dad, and mom was paying child support off her ~$2k/mo salary.
I don't remember what dad was earning. I had one early in the year where mom was a MD and she was making hefty payments. I've seen decrees where both parents were high earnings and the husband paid very little.

If you want to talk scam talk alimony and the ex-spouses with cohabitating boyfriend/girlfriends who don't "officially" live together.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, paying for your own kids is one thing, even if it’s a lot, but alimony and paying for a boyfriend or a girlfriend, dang I’m not sure I could handle that.
Many times a live in boyfriend/girlfriend will be cause for termination of alimony.

I’ll take your word on this.

But why in my state does the application for a simple fishing or hunting license ask if the applicant is a male or female (no “other” option is offered like on other state forms? Hmmm…) and if and only if the applicant is a male does it require him to swear under penalty, that he is not in arrears of child support payments. If the answer is yes, he is in arrears, then the application for a simple fishing license is denied. Female are not asked this question. It is not an even playing field.

I’ll take your word on this.

But why in my state does the application for a simple fishing or hunting license ask if the applicant is a male or female (no “other” option is offered like on other state forms? Hmmm…) and if and only if the applicant is a male does it require him to swear under penalty, that he is not in arrears of child support payments. If the answer is yes, he is in arrears, then the application for a simple fishing license is denied. Female are not asked this question. It is not an even playing field.
Well I guess you "got'em" on that one. ;)

I guess I am not a smart person. But I have to know. What does MGTOW stand for? I googled it but the meanings I found do not seem to apply here

Don

Back