Last Day as a Dad

Yesterday was my last day as a Dad...well what Oz considers a Dad to be.

Son turned 18 today, last 23 minutes I spent with him was this day 2020, the couple of hours that we had planned that day were bookended and controlled by OP, then manipulated into nothing.

So today, Society (the Gov) stopped extracting $84.46543 every day, 7 days a week from my pay packet....apparently I've done what Australian Dads are here for...

And strangely, that feels like the very last link that I had is gone...

The cause of MGTOW.
BINGO.
I'm extremely sad for the OP. I recall reading his plight in prior years.

To those who have managed to succeed, congratulations. You're in a minority. Of my friends, only 3 are in solid marriages. Dozens are either bachelors or divorced and never remarrying. That doesn't count the two friends (one best friend) who self deleted over these issues. I'll never recover from his loss in 2021. I still have his "good bye" text message. Pain is deep.

For me, I learned early to avoid this trap and was red-pilled long before that was even a term I knew. I've watched too many friends lives RUINED with experiences similar to the OP here. My family members, many good friends, and hundreds of clients have been absolutely destroyed by divorce laws in the US and Europe. The hardships I've listened to are enough to turn any man MGTOW. With a 50/50 chance of failure (80% initiated by women), and loss of everything, I see no incentives to pursue a traditional marriage. Mountains of money flushed in alimony or ungrateful kids the dads rarely see, who are alienated by their ex-wives who get "cash and prizes" for ruining their nest. It's a terrible system we have in the west and millions of men are leaving and going monk or becoming passport men.

Can't speak from experience as I have been successfully married to the same woman for >40 years. From what I read the marriage/dating milleu today is a toxic swamp. What happened to the OP happened to my younger brother about 18 years ago. His shallow, gold digging wife divorced him and took nearly everything he had. She got his beautiful house on Maui, his Mercedes and a huge chunk of his bank account. For all that he had to pay child support for his daughter who is still a full time college student. I think he's clear of that next September when she turns 23. He is totally estranged from her except when she calls daddy to ask for more money.

He became a 'passport' man years ago and now lives a quiet, frugal life in Thailand.

Can't speak from experience as I have been successfully married to the same woman for >40 years. From what I read the marriage/dating milleu today is a toxic swamp. What happened to the OP happened to my younger brother about 18 years ago. His shallow, gold digging wife divorced him and took nearly everything he had. She got his beautiful house on Maui, his Mercedes and a huge chunk of his bank account. For all that he had to pay child support for his daughter who is still a full time college student. I think he's clear of that next September when she turns 23. He is totally estranged from her except when she calls daddy to ask for more money.

He became a 'passport' man years ago and now lives a quiet, frugal life in Thailand.
One of my close friends married a woman we all warned him about but he could not see her dark gold-digging side. He made a lot of money and she was a complete anchor. He gave her an extremely expensive ring, spent ballpark $100,000 on a top notch wedding at a cathedral with a huge reception and open bar and expensive food. No expense was spared.

4 years later, after she got her kid and $$$ anchor, she divorced him. She got their $500,000 home, most of the assets and bank account, and $3000 monthly support. My friend, in his 40s, had to move back into his parents house into his teenage bedroom. Took him at least a few years to get back on his feet. Without his resources she would never had the life she lives, with a lot of financial security.

BINGO.
I'm extremely sad for the OP. I recall reading his plight in prior years.

To those who have managed to succeed, congratulations. You're in a minority. Of my friends, only 3 are in solid marriages. Dozens are either bachelors or divorced and never remarrying. That doesn't count the two friends (one best friend) who self deleted over these issues. I'll never recover from his loss in 2021. I still have his "good bye" text message. Pain is deep.

For me, I learned early to avoid this trap and was red-pilled long before that was even a term I knew. I've watched too many friends lives RUINED with experiences similar to the OP here. My family members, many good friends, and hundreds of clients have been absolutely destroyed by divorce laws in the US and Europe. The hardships I've listened to are enough to turn any man MGTOW. With a 50/50 chance of failure (80% initiated by women), and loss of everything, I see no incentives to pursue a traditional marriage. Mountains of money flushed in alimony or ungrateful kids the dads rarely see, who are alienated by their ex-wives who get "cash and prizes" for ruining their nest. It's a terrible system we have in the west and millions of men are leaving and going monk or becoming passport men.
Very sorry to hear of the OP's situation. It is all too common but the solution is not to avoid marriage.

My wife and I both had horrible first marriages so we work really hard on our marriage. I try to keep up with the dating milieu out of curiosity. A lot of my books and are apparently red-flags. https://www.indy100.com/viral/red-flags-in-books Just for fun, I've moved all my red-flag books together on my bookcase. I'm waiting for the day when my wife sees some list on the internet and gets curious about my books. LOL.

My wife and I both had horrible first marriages so we work really hard on our marriage. I try to keep up with the dating milieu out of curiosity. A lot of my books and are apparently red-flags. https://www.indy100.com/viral/red-flags-in-books Just for fun, I've moved all my red-flag books together on my bookcase. I'm waiting for the day when my wife sees some list on the internet and gets curious about my books. LOL.

Interesting...one of my wife's triggers is leaving my phones face down...always done it so I don't drop bolts and tools on it...or put in my pocket face to face.
She showed me one day a meme "he's not hiding his Grandma's apple pie recipe"...
Once we understood THAT trigger, we worked on it.

We are finding our triggers (and we both have them) and working them out.

A lot of my books and are apparently red-flags. https://www.indy100.com/viral/red-flags-in-books
Atlas Shrugged and/or The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
Harry Potter by JK Rowling
The Jack Reacher series by Lee Child
"Anything Jordan Peterson"
Freakonomics by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner

All excellent books, and if these are "red flags" for women, it's all the more reason for MGTOW. I weep for society or anyone thinking Atlas Shrugged, for instance, is a red flag. That strikes me as a red flag.

Speaking of Red Flags, Rich Cooper is a excellent red-pill advocate and his book "The Unplugged Alpha," lists the 20 warning signs of women. I do concur with his list from my experience. Probably too off topic so if you want you can research it or message me.

The ironic thing is some women who get triggered by those things, will say things like "I need my own life".

I am truly blessed and I mean that. Sure my wife hounds me a bit - and she is correct most of the time. But ****, she never pries, or even gives a rip about my phone. My own office, money, accounts. Never. I never cheat, she never cheats. Trust still exists.

Yesterday was my last day as a Dad...well what Oz considers a Dad to be.

Son turned 18 today, last 23 minutes I spent with him was this day 2020, the couple of hours that we had planned that day were bookended and controlled by OP, then manipulated into nothing.

So today, Society (the Gov) stopped extracting $84.46543 every day, 7 days a week from my pay packet....apparently I've done what Australian Dads are here for...

And strangely, that feels like the very last link that I had is gone...
Unfortunately that's how it goes as the State (i.e. society) has a vested interest in not becoming financially responsible.

In any case I can only hope things turn around as your kids get older. Stay physically close if you can but let me tell you it's not going to get any easier. If you're not physically close once marriage w/kids and holidays roll around you risk being third man walking behind the in-laws. I'm speaking as a son of divorced parents whose father lived 900 miles away.

Back