Lake speed Jr inside Valvoline R&D lab to investigate their restore and protect

Do you guys really see this as anything but a thinly veiled ad?

Edit: I'm in the middle of watching it now. Valvoline R&D is claiming that they are the only PCMO company that has their own engine test lab. Do we have anybody here who can credibly dispute that? I find it mighty hard to believe that XOM or Shell doesn't have their own engine test lab too.

Last edited:
Do you guys really see this as anything but a thinly veiled ad?

Edit: I'm in the middle of watching it now. Valvoline R&D is claiming that they are the only PCMO company that has their own engine test lab. Do we have anybody here who can credibly dispute that? I find it mighty hard to believe that XOM or Shell doesn't have their own engine test lab too.
I thought Mobil has one, didn't I see it on Lake's channel?????

The only way to spin it for Valvoline is that initially I thought, "well maybe this isn't actually Mobil's own engine test lab, but a contract lab instead". But at the 6:55 mark in the video, the signage outside says "Mobil 1 Mileage Accumulation Dynamometers" and they're using real/whole vehicles to simulate road use. I don't see how this is inferior to Valvoline's lab like Valvoline seems to be implying.

Also, the Mobil testing video starts immediately with an announcement that it's a sponsored partnership. I appreciate that transparency.

Last edited:
Castrol/BP has/had one in Pangbourne England. I can't verify that it's still there but I can't imagine these major oil corporations relying on SWRI to do their R&D for them. I am going to take the Valvoline claim purely as a from of poetic license in this regard.

Back