KUMHO TIRES??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that you made the right decision(Grabber HTS)as they are ConsumerReports top rated truck tire. What truck/suv did you put them on?

Although a friend of ours has KR-21's on a Honda Pilot and likes them and I have seen them(KR-21) on Ford Expeditions. Our friend thought she needed an "SUV" tire just because it's an SUV. I said to her "you only drive the Pilot like a car"! We just don't know yet how long the KR-21's will last, otherwise they're doing fine.

So far I am very happy with the Generals - Have them on a RAV
Was using LTX for 2 years, but I decided to try something else (Generals now). We have had some heavy rain recently and they performed. Also, I'm finding the Generals are more quiet. Don't know if the LTX with such a high rating was the way to go on a RAV or not. Might be better on something other than a RAV.
The LTX I was getting a howl like a more aggressive tire at speed. I had them looked at by DT and they couldn't find a cause, but one tech wondered if the RAV light weight & design might be a factor; myself I don't know.
Anyway I'll be putting new rubber on the wife's Escape probably this spring. If I stay happy with the Generals, then I'll consider them for her SUV.
Last year I put the GY Triple Tred on the Camry which my youngest is the sole driver. It was another tire I was considering but lower on my list.
Taking loads of considerations, by the time I was ready to go to DT and get tires, Generals & Kuhmo were my two on my list. There were a few others lower down on my list to look at.
I have always been and still am a fan of Michelin, but the LTX for whatever reason (to me) didn't seem best for my RAV.
I think I am going to be satisfied with the Generals. Wet traction is at the top of my desires, with noise a strong consideration. These Generals so far are giving me that.

GREAT!
As I tell others, when buying tires, set a criteria of things that are most important to the least important. Sounds like you have done this. It doesn't matter if I or someone else likes your tire choice, you have to like your choice!
People can only make suggestions to others about products but, we all need to do our own homework as by doing this, it tell us more about the products we're purchacing than any chat line. It also tells us as shoppers, things that we may not have thought about.
And we say to ourselves, "Yeah, I need that"! or Na, I don't care if I have that"!

Gee, kinda sounds like me!

I've had two sets on my 2006 Scion tC. Due to damaged (by huge screw in sidewall) I replaced all four as I had 35k on 'em.
I really like them, and find the price/performance level excellent. And they look good
wink.gif

My favorite tire place is "America's Tire".
Best service, and good prices.
I'd recommend the Kumho for sure.
Oh, and they are excellent in the rain! BIG double-grooves in the center of my model.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back