Krown -- Best Installer

Rufus Kanagy in Grabil, Indiana is hands down, the #1 Krown guy on the planet. At least, I think so.

You can't spray more Krown thatmn he does. Impossible. He does everything. And it all the little stuff, like removing tail lights and jumping into the truck bed to be spray every possible cavity.... making sure it's applied everywhere.

He's a heck of a guy. Very professional. You'll be in the middle of Amish country out on a dairy farm. Second year having him spray the truck. I couldn't be happier

Attachments

• PXL_20210918_132512457.jpg
    PXL_20210918_132512457.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 101
  • PXL_20210918_132222881.jpg
    PXL_20210918_132222881.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 102
  • PXL_20210918_132425330.jpg
    PXL_20210918_132425330.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Glad to hear you are happy. What does he charge? Enjoy the dripping for the next week or so. I hate that about Krown.

The post title has a typo, not sure if the mods can correct it.

Not sure what I'm looking at, but don't cars rust from the inside out? Does he remove door panels and interior trim to spray behind there?
They usually drill holes in all the doors and use the wands to spray inside and then use the black plastic plugs to cover the holes.

In my experience many of these shops miss panels (intensional or not) and that makes them more profitable. My 97 civic hatchback the d-head installer at Rust Check drilled the hole for spraying the panel behind the doors. When I decided to do fluid film myself, I removed the plug. Inside the door sill there is another piece of metal that the SOB never drilled through so for the three years I went there my back section never got sprayed. The tip of the wand would only go into the panel 1 inch.

If you get a good installer bless your heart. I think some of these shops know that most people's car will be sold or die in 5-7 years so they don't really care. I'll DIY until I can't. Then I'll get my son to do it.

Not sure what I'm looking at, but don't cars rust from the inside out? Does he remove door panels and interior trim to spray behind there?
Of course he did!! These were just simple pics I could take while it was on the lift.

Reactions: JC1
Rufus Kanagy in Grabil, Indiana is hands down, the #1 Krown guy on the planet. At least, I think so.

You can't spray more Krown thatmn he does. Impossible. He does everything. And it all the little stuff, like removing tail lights and jumping into the truck bed to be spray every possible cavity.... making sure it's applied everywhere.

He's a heck of a guy. Very professional. You'll be in the middle of Amish country out on a dairy farm. Second year having him spray the truck. I couldn't be happier
A good installer will always spray some on the muffler so you can smell the quality of the job. ;)

I'm on my third different Krown installer in 9 years. I started out in Windsor, Ontario because they were the only one "close". Now we have about a dozen in Michigan. This past year I went to MJR in Flint for the first time and was very satisfied. The young owner did the application himself.

Like all things, the results are often only as good as the person doing the work, regardless of the company's background.

Thanks Phishin. Like you, I let others know when I find a good shop.

Last edited:
One huge added benefit on using Krown on these GM trucks is that the oil keeps the factory wax undercoating from drying out and peeling.

All my friends have trucks with peeling frames.... except me

Attachments

• PXL_20210918_170944225.jpg
    PXL_20210918_170944225.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Oftentimes, people only share the negative stories and misfortunes. (Which I totally get, I'm not saying you shouldn't). We live in a "no news is good news" society. So I was happy to come across a post that was singing someone's praise. Glad you had a good experience, and thank you for sharing it.

Krown is a great product, unfortunately the dripping for 1 or 2 day is unavoidable and also necessary.
Rust-Check (whence Krown got its formula "almost") did a dripless application, but found out that the liquid did not expand and penetrate nearly as efficiently, so it went back to the dripping kind.

I guess this type of treatment is a necessary evil in many parts of the country.

I can only imagine how nasty it will be to do any work on this car (from the dirt/grit attracted by the product).

My wife’s from Warsaw - not too far away.

They always bought their vehicles from the Sun Belt states.

I guess this type of treatment is a necessary evil in many parts of the country.

I can only imagine how nasty it will be to do any work on this car (from the dirt/grit attracted by the product).
You would think it would be horrible, but it's not

Yes, it would suck RIGHT NOW (freshly sprayed) but after driving through a good rain storm or a few underbody washes/flushes..... you would notice the film, but it's not a big headache.

Back