Kreen Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
To late to Edit the above post:

We added a pint of Kreen to a boat my brother bought towards the end of the season last year. We logged about 8-10 hours on the engine, a 351 Ford V8. We noticed the oil get dirty pretty fast. We fogged the engine and dropped the oil, its currently out of the water. So there might be a bit more to report at some point this year.

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
Okay, nice. I'll probably just go for 1 can/quart.

I've heard in the gas might help PCV system. For my vehicle, that'd be worth a try in the fuel. So, that's about 12 ounces in the oil and how much to a 10 gallon tank? Another 10 or so?

I added 18 ounces to my oil for the first treatment and 16 ounces of Kreen for the second treatment. On the second treatment is when I added 12 ounces to my gas tank. The reason for 12 ounces to the gas was my maintenance dosage of Chevron Techron/TC-W3 at each fill up.

My T4R, with an over-sized oil filter, took 6 quarts of oil during the change and my gas tank capacity is 18.5 gallons.

After the Kreen treatments, I can now easily fill the sump to 6.5 quarts of oil with an over-sized filter.

Whatever buildup and Krud that Kreen found was liquefied and vaporized during the 2 oil changes with the Kreen treatments.

My T4R runs smooth and quiet with the current blended mix of Mobil oils.

Frank,

If I were to be honest, your personal results using Kreen seem to be nothing to rave about. There are other people here who have stellar success with Kreen. I do not want to make further comments in case I am mistaken in my observation.

- Vikas

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Frank,

If I were to be honest, your personal results using Kreen seem to be nothing to rave about. There are other people here who have stellar success with Kreen. I do not want to make further comments in case I am mistaken in my observation.

- Vikas

And.............Perhaps my E-150 is clean as I've already confirmed. The Aerostar is only 500 miles into a small dose with good results, and the boat for the few hours it ran had pretty good results. We'll continue this season.

True my results aren't impressive, however others including my brother had fantastic results with the product.

I've discussed Trav's impressive results with him over the phone, I'm 100% certain he's telling the truth and is the real deal when it comes to auto repair. To me that means more than test results published. It's also worth repeating to help others in need of cleaning up a dirty engine.

Are there before/after photos posted anywhere in this thread? I flipped through a few pages and didn't see anything.

Finally, I had the courage to put it in my Camry - 178.2K miles, purchased at ~135K with unknown history.

As I soon as I started, the engine "felt" different. But that has to be a placebo. By the time my four miles errand ended back at the garage, I did not "feel" the difference any more.

I did both oil and fuel. Now comes the hard part of seeing what happens after 1K mile.

- Vikas

My '01 1zz is beginning to burn oil very noticeably. Prior to this, I could run 5000 miles without really seeing any significant loss of oil. Have m1 5w-30 and m1 filter on since 79k and now it appears that after 3k, I am down about a quart. I guess it's now doomed to the sticky ring problem that plagues all <'03 1zz's. In an attempt to free the rings and go back to happier times when the car was at, let's say 55k, I just submitted an order for two cans of Kreen. Will post back on total price and all that jazz.

About to dump 3+ qts of M1 5w30, and 1/2 quart Kreen thats been in for 800 miles 02 Camry I4 204k. During that time car was very quiet, no ticks, oil consumption was minimal. And..hardly any blue smoke at startup (has bad valve seals). I wonder if Kreen's makeup swells seals. Going to try and take a few pics but its dark (apt parking garage)

But does he have before pictures? I am really interested in objective A/B comparison whether it is visual/aural/butt at least something concrete than just the "feel"

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Update: Neighbors 07 camry I4 with oil consumption/sticky ring problems (has a TSB but out of warranty). Put 1/2 quart Kreen in the sump, 1/2 qt in the tank. Its been 1500 miles. Not a drop of consumption (usually at least 1/2 quart). Amazingly quiet. Wow! Thanks Kreen!

This is a different car, right??

Originally Posted By: cutter
I submitted a form and they haven't gotten back to me, even included CC info. What gives?

They move a bit slow, the same thing happened here.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Update: Neighbors 07 camry I4 with oil consumption/sticky ring problems (has a TSB but out of warranty). Put 1/2 quart Kreen in the sump, 1/2 qt in the tank. Its been 1500 miles. Not a drop of consumption (usually at least 1/2 quart). Amazingly quiet. Wow! Thanks Kreen!

This is a different car, right??

Yes. Last night was my 02.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back