Kreen Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: zyxelenator
There is also threads with my sludge monster with Kreen used in oil and piston soak(did a dramatic improvement), also thread about ARX. Same car. Both will be updated with pics soon, ARX in the end of this OCI (700 miles left) and then Kreen left overs will be used for the next OCI.

I'd REALLY be interested in seeing pics of one under at least one of the valve covers to compare things now to when after you did the manual cleaning. One post AutoRx soon and another after your next run on Kreen. It'll be interesting if Kreen can hit the varnish and discoloration at all.

Great for helping the PCV system/valve as well one last time.

13.gif

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Originally Posted By: Trav
Quote:
How did it work for people?

Check out my threads on Kreen in the oil additives section.
My brother and i spent a lot of money on ARX and got no results whatsoever.
Kreen has worked beyond anything i expected in the engines i have used it on.

Trav is one of the people I was referring to with great info on Kreen buried in other threads. My results were the same with Auto-Rx, nothing noticeable. People would say use more, give it time. Same for seafoam. A "Seafoaming" (as seen on youtube) cost me a cat and hours of removing deep creep from my IAC and 02 sensors so they could function again. Been using MMO off and on for 25 years, best results were cars with noisy lifters, minimal cleaning results. Years of rumors about Mobil 1 causing gasket leaks kept me away from it. For the first time ever last year I tried Mobil 1 high mileage on the old Toyota I bought cheap that has sludge, burns oil, blue smoke startups. Amazing. After the second run the oil burning stopped, now the 4th I'm down to a light brown varnish. Still has blue smoke, but now I know its only a few drops. I read that the varnish and remaining carbon can prevent the seals from seating properly, and Kreen is the answer. So, another experiment on the old toyota. Put kreen in the last 1k, dump the M1 HM, go back to plain old M1. That will tell us that the oil consumption was a symptom of a dirty engine, not a mechanical problem.

I think you have used one of the best engine cleaning solutions, a quality synthetic oil. And reasonable length OCIs. Unsure about the M1 HM. I would guess normal M1 will do just fine.

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
Originally Posted By: zyxelenator
There is also threads with my sludge monster with Kreen used in oil and piston soak(did a dramatic improvement), also thread about ARX. Same car. Both will be updated with pics soon, ARX in the end of this OCI (700 miles left) and then Kreen left overs will be used for the next OCI.

I'd REALLY be interested in seeing pics of one under at least one of the valve covers to compare things now to when after you did the manual cleaning. One post AutoRx soon and another after your next run on Kreen. It'll be interesting if Kreen can hit the varnish and discoloration at all.

Great for helping the PCV system/valve as well one last time.

13.gif

I don't think I will take off cover this time. It is getting colder, and my hands are sensitive to cold( low blood pressure there (will kreen clean up? lol
smile.gif
) So I will take picture thru filler hole for right now. There is start point picture in ARX thread somewhere on last pages. Then pictures after 15 min LM Motor Clean flush, then run 5000 winter OCI with G-oil and kreen and pictures thru the hole in the end. I may take off cover in about same time during summer to see year after results.

Quote:
How did it work for people?

Check out my threads on Kreen in the oil additives section.
My brother and i spent a lot of money on ARX and got no results whatsoever.
Kreen has worked beyond anything i expected in the engines i have used it on.

worked pretty good for me too. got a thread on it called 04 f150 varnish or something like that

Just used the Kreen at 3 ounces per 1 quart of motor oil. I will drain it out this coming week and replace the oil with Pennzoil Ultra, 5w30, SM that I found in Orlando last spring for a clearance price.

Anyways....

Thursday AM, I added 18 ounces of Kreen to my 6 quarts of blended Shell Rotella T6, 5w-40 and Formula Shell Synthetic oil, 5w-30.

The oil had been in service since September and had almost 7K miles on it.

I just completed a RT drive to Selma, NC and have logged 1K miles on the "Kreen Oil".

The oil on the dip stick now looks to be the color of "Espresso"....so Kreen may have found some pockets of dirt somewhere in the passageways etc....

Keep in mind that this Toyota 4 Runner is almost 15 years old, still does not burn a drop of oil and has over 190K miles on the odometer. I bought the 4 runner new in 1997 and have changed the oil frequently....mostly Dino and Dino/Synthetic national brands, "blended", in a mix of 50/50 or 60/40.

I will change it the oil out next week since it was used for 98% of my trip on highway speeds of 70 to 80 MPH, (But did get it up to 90 mph plus in some areas of VA) with some traffic jams and "creep and crawl" driving in NJ on the Turnpike construction area's and in VA for the clearing of a traffic accident.

The oil is now dark, thin and still at the full level....still has the smell of Kreen.

But the engine runs smooth and no noticeable change in fuel mileage. I did not add Kreen to the Gasoline since I've been using my own mix of TC-W3 and Chevron Techron Fuel System and Gumout/Regane to each tank of gasoline for the past 3 years.

Last edited:
How does it look down the fill hole?

I can't really see down the fill hole on my 97 T4R. There is a Black Baffle blocking my view.

I do know for a fact that the Synthetic Diesel/Shell Full synthetic is a lot darker than on any other run that I've had on oil or oil with MMO.

It's very dark since the run with Kreen at highway speeds for most of the 1K mile trip.

They say that highway driving is easy on oil....so the Kreen must have found some varnish and dirt somewhere in the engine, valve covers, passageways or the drain pan.

When I change the oil this coming week to PU, I'm sure that the PU will continue any cleaning for the next 6K miles.

There should be some residual Kreen left over, in the engine, at the time of the OCI, so I expect the oil to get darker much faster than usual.

Last edited:
Repost from Kreen update thread.....

Kreen Update:

Changed the Shell Rotella T6/Formula Shell Oil blend out today. 8,200 miles were logged on this fill with Kreen used in the last 1K+ miles.

The oil/Kreen mixture came out very fast and hot after a 40 minute Highway drive at 60+ MPH.

The mixture was very thin and very black and still had the Kreen aroma to the oil. The same with the oil filter with the filter mag. The oil flowed out fast and thin when draining the Bosch D+, oversized Filter.

IMO…Kreen must have done its job very well with the color and consistency of the oil. The Kreen product must have found some carbon, varnish and Krud somewhere to come out so dark. I bet the engine is very clean inside after the Kreen.

I refilled with the Strauss Auto, Full Synthetic, 5w-30, SM, GF-5 and another oversized filter…..the New Mobil 1, EP filter.

When filling the crankcase with the new oil I did notice something that did not happen before in my OCI’s.

The sump usually takes 6 quarts of oil with an oversized filter to bring it up to the full level but after the cleaning it now holds 6 and 2/3 quarts to reach the fill line on the dip stick.

IMO….the Kreen must have really thinned out the oil that usually remains up in the Galley’s and passage ways and that is why the oil drained out with a Fury when I opened up the hot drain plug on the pan. Nothing was left behind on this Oil Change and the usual oil that remains in the Galley’s and Passageways all drained down and out....during this oil change.

Originally Posted By: mongo161
(But did get it up to 90 mph plus in some areas of VA)

You'll get jail time for that if you're caught.

Trust me.

Really? In my part of country, commuting traffic can routinely touch that speed. It seems as if people believe there is a safety in numbers. It is counter intuitive but the traffic flows faster during the commuting hours versus on a weekend.

Originally Posted By: brianl703
Originally Posted By: mongo161
(But did get it up to 90 mph plus in some areas of VA)

You'll get jail time for that if you're caught.

Trust me.

I'd like to know more about that as well-if you are only doing 80 mph on I-95 in any of the southern states, you are in the right lane--or better be........

I have friends that live and work in VA, they say that the police and troopers love to nail people for going even 1MPH over the speed limit. I'll never live there.

My 12 years of living and driving in VA are that cops in many counties rarely pull anyone over for doing less than 10 mph over the limit when limit is 45 or more. And on major highways in more urban areas, going 15 over the limit is somewhat safe from getting pulled over. On lesser roads in rural counties are where you have to be more careful and there going 5 to 9 over the limit is a fairly safe practice, ticket-wise.

Speeding in excess of 80MPH in Virginia is reckless driving, a class 1 misdemeanor. You can't prepay it and you have to go to court. Judges love to give jail time if you're over 90MPH, especially in Fairfax County. There was a judge in Botetourt County that gave EVERYONE charged with reckless driving jail time.

Originally Posted By: brianl703
Speeding in excess of 80MPH in Virginia is reckless driving, a class 1 misdemeanor. You can't prepay it and you have to go to court. Judges love to give jail time if you're over 90MPH, especially in Fairfax County. There was a judge in Botetourt County that gave EVERYONE charged with reckless driving jail time.

90 mph should land a person in jail, and take the car away from him/her too. I'd much rather die of old age than have some tool speeding kill me.

Now if you want to see people SPEEDING!!?? I once kept pace with 5, perhaps 6 but i believe it was 5 cars doing 100MPH in Nashville, TN. Some really great 6-lane roads run right through and around that area. I was doing 85MPH in the second to right lane and was being passed.. 100MPH kept the flow of traffic. What worried me were my out of state plates. And NO i did not see not one police in Nashville Metro area. Saw only one on the highway waiting for speeders, actually.. same with Kentucky.. on cop.. Alabama i saw two. Then i saw no more..

Ive heard other bad things about Virginia that make me question if i would live there. No direct experience, no.. but i equate it to a "South Carolina" type of place where its plenty hot in the winter but a lot of crime and no real opportunity unless your job asked you to move there or something like that. Ive had equal parts living in New York and Texas, so.

Now, if you want a state to be afraid of? GEORGIA. I dont know how they do things in VA it seems to vary. Perhaps the northern state plates have something to do with it?
whistle.gif
but i am petrified to drive more than 75MPh -ANYWHERE- On 1 95 S in NC, SC, GA... VA they seem to be waiting for tickets a lot..

Upstate NY you can "drive 9MPH over" fairly safely and people say they have been passed by troopers speeding along. I think you stand to get a ticket ANYWHERE you are going 15MPH over, and 14MPH over is oto much... I think you should never have your cruise set faster than "74MPH" if the speed limit is 65MPH because 75MPH is in a different bracket of ticket and yes you better be in the right lane so that the people doing 80MPH in the left (which they DO do) can get ticket.. if everyone is doing 75MPH, do70. If everyone is doing 80MPH, do 75... this from my driving experience in many states.

In Ohio a State Police officer or Highway Patrol Does NOT need Radar to give you a speeding ticket. This court case last year. And in Indiana there are two-lane roads and the speed limit is 70, so.. do 70. County Sheriffs give tickets mostly in Henry Co. in Eastern IN, on Rt 70.

Okay... Here it is.

Like I said I'm on my third dose of KREEN on my 2nd OCI.

Below are the pics that made me thinking what can get this mess out of my engine... THe engine is a NISSAN VQ35DE (Murano 3.5 V6).

BEFORE KREEN:
IMG_3040.jpg

FIRST KREEN TREATMENT:
IMG_3209.jpg

SECOND KREEN:
IMG_3469.jpg

OCI:
IMG_3546.jpg

The oil from the first round consisting of 2 Kreen doses.
IMG_3572.jpg
IMG_3579.jpg
IMG_3596.jpg

PRESENT DAY WITH 1000 kms on the Kreen:
IMG_3591.jpg

IMG_3611.jpg

IMG_3615.jpg

IMG_3590.jpg

woohoo, you can start seeing bare metal
smile.gif
Makes me want to order more kreen for next winter.
As I remember you paid crazy price for it? After you done with you gallon try quality cleaning oil, all that sh@t should be softened up by that time. Do you have Pennzoil Ultra there? Or Eneos Sustina? If not M1 0w-40?
You might also have Liqui Moly Pro Flush available(or "Engine detox", they like to change names for different markets).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back