kohler command pro 10w30 or 10w50?

I only ever see it stated as it may contain a higher Zinc than most automotive oils.

Its on there web site.,

Use want you want. Just pointing it out.

Users on this have a tendency not to want to use recommended oils by manufacturers!

Its on there web site.,

Use want you want. Just pointing it out.

Users on this have a tendency not to want to use recommended oils by manufacturers!
On the site I see this, which is a bit different than "Kawasaki says you need high zinc for their engines." I don't know of any properly formulated oil that doesn't contain ZDDP. So any name-brand oil will meet that recommendation.

KTECH 4-Cycle Engine Oil contains a zinc additive that helps prevent excess wear on engine part

I guess you can't talk to kohler directly. I called their 1-800 number and it just forwards you to a nearby dealer. Now with that being said, they said they started pushing this thicker 10w50 oil over the past year. 10w30 used to be the standard for years. I ran 10w30 amsoil ase small engine oil in a kawasaki fj180v to 1600hrs until I retired the mower. I'm actually about to put it back into service as a backup mower now.

kohler engines must have 10w-30 or you will have lifter issues. they also need zinc. both the kolher and kawasaki oils are what is best for these engines. i used to think i could run any old 10-30 and had tons of lifter issues. i switched to kolher oil and all lifter issues stopped

kohler engines must have 10w-30 or you will have lifter issues. they also need zinc. both the kolher and kawasaki oils are what is best for these engines. i used to think i could run any old 10-30 and had tons of lifter issues. i switched to kolher oil and all lifter issues stopped
I think if it needed extra zinc it would say so in the manual. I was going to swap out to the kohler oil for the first change becaise the dealer put some cheap no name oil in, but the oil came out neon green, so decided they already added something at the factory and decided to just leave what was in there.

Why do you think Kohler oil has more zinc? Koher and kawasaki engines are well documented to need more zinc.

Just use whatever. If you are going to ignore good advice why ask?? good luck!

I bet you argue with the doctor. Why do I need BP meds? MY BP is only 190/120. Let me see your diploma.

I think you just like to argue.

I bet you argue with the doctor. Why do I need BP meds? MY BP is only 190/120. Let me see your diploma.

I think you just like to argue.
I don’t argue with the doctor; I prove to the doctor I know the topic just as well or better than he does, so we can discuss on even terms. I argue with the nurse, who obviously didn’t know much and wouldn’t listen. They used a BP cuff sized for a small child, and simply said “oh your BP is really high” and was not receptive when I told them that EVERY time someone measures my BP like this it’s about 60/20 too high. My BP is not, and has never been 190+/100 when properly measured.

Anyways, the person who hasn’t been me for decades nor ever a doctor left, and the doc comes in. We have a chat, he ends up asking about history of high BP. I repeat story, and ask him to play a game with me. I ask him to take my BP and write it down on paper without telling me, then I will tell him where it ALWAYS runs, regardless of what the nurse/high zinc internet says. So we do that. He writes the number down, I say, “132 over 78, pulse 62”, and he sits down, chuckling and opens the paper that shows 132/78 and says, “well, I guess you really do know your body.”

I’m not taking drugs with potentially hazardous side effects just because someone is incompetent or lazy at their job, thanks but no thanks. It’s the same thing that too much zinc/zddp where it’s not needed can cause corrosion, so again, without proof, no thanks.

Why do you think Kohler oil has more zinc? Koher and kawasaki engines are well documented to need more zinc.

Just use whatever. If you are going to ignore good advice why ask?? good luck!
So what's the neon antifreeze green color that comes out on the first change?

Back