KOHLER BRAND OIL FILTER CUT OPEN

I have not seen a center tube like that before. Usually the cage design is plastic. Or a metal tube with smaller round holes.
It is a nylon (which is a type of high temperarture plastic) ecore center tube in this filter too.

Yeah.....I was hoping for better but not surprised. Pretty sure thats the stock filter in my whole house genny which is a 1000 twin.

I've got about another 60 hours of run time before I yank mine.

I think I have a gen 2 microgreen that might fit.

Thanks again 53

This filter and whatever oil my co workers neighbor put in his riding lawnmower was in and on from March 2021 til last weekend. Another KOHLER filter and ???? Oil he bought went back in and on. It’s a newer mower is all I know.
I use these all the time on my husqvarna that has the kohler 7000 series engine. My local dealer sells them for $7.25 and I use the kohler oil as well. I have ran these filters 50+ hours and they worked fine. Nothing special about it just a good filter as long as you stick to the oil changes like your supposed to. I buy OEM for mine not because it’s better necessarily but because I walk out of my dealer with oil and a filter for less then $20 and not have to cross reference anything. The NAPA equivalent of these filters is $14 at my local napa.

A $3 filter with a $12 paint job. When our Sears was going under they had these on clearance for 40 or 50% off (from their regular $15). I talked to a guy buying several of both Kohler and Craftsman branded ones. Said he'd never use anything else and was shocked when I told him I use a cheap Walmart ST3614 with 15w-40 HD diesel oil in my Cub. I'm amazed there are folks still convinced these are something special or any different than a typical OTS filter.

Reactions: JTK
I can't help but see this as, "The company that makes my toilet also happens to make my oil filter."

Well i feel like a dummy... Just paid $14.15 for a Pro Kohler oil filter off Amazon for the Kohler V twin. Won't do that again......(n)

Back