Knaack vs Crescent Jobox tool boxes?

JHZR2

Staff member
Im somewhat in the market (Black Friday?) for a 24x48” job box.

Must be made in USA.

Believe the Knaack and Crescent Jobox units are. The Knaack is like $800 on Zoro, the Crescent is like $477 on Zoro.

Is one really that much better? Any issues to be aware of for the one vs the other? Any other brands to consider?

From when I dealt with these a few years ago I would say Knaack all day long. At least back then they were nicer fit and finish, better lock system and heavier steel. Wish I had kept mine. Knaack is like a lincoln and crescent is like the Taurus. :)

Edit to add I think Greenlee used to be USA but I think that changed, not sure
Edit again: quick research and it appears Greenlee is still USA made. Can't vouch for them never used one.

Last edited:
Jobbox has two level of models. Ones has double locks and is cheaper. One has a single lock with a sliding latch like the Knaack.

I just bought a Knaack that size for my truck. They now have a shock so they close slowly instead of banging and have a gromet for running cords in them that you can install into a knockout. I have an older jobbox with the double locks. The metal is thinner and I have had to reweld the lid. I don't know about the single lock Jobboxes.

BTW I paid $530 for the Knaack two months ago from Grainger. There was $130 dollar charge for delivery.

Nevermind. Apparently my company gets a huge discount from Grainger.

Back