Kia 2.0 GDI Oil consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Silverado12
I would just add high mileage oil in a thicker viscosity and send it. Kia/Hyundai are some of the worst vehicles on the road. IMO I would pay the extra $$$ for a premium brand.

Where do you get your information from? Personal experience? I've had my Kia Sorento for 8+ years and it's been extremely reliable. It's only started burning oil recently and I'm not thrilled about that but it does run just fine. There have been recalls on the engines and Kia has taken care of the owners for those engines on the recall list when they have failed. Of course, if you are speaking of the 80's Hyundai that is a different story.

Originally Posted by ediamiam
Originally Posted by Silverado12
I would just add high mileage oil in a thicker viscosity and send it. Kia/Hyundai are some of the worst vehicles on the road. IMO I would pay the extra $$$ for a premium brand.

Where do you get your information from? Personal experience? I've had my Kia Sorento for 8+ years and it's been extremely reliable. It's only started burning oil recently and I'm not thrilled about that but it does run just fine. There have been recalls on the engines and Kia has taken care of the owners for those engines on the recall list when they have failed. Of course, if you are speaking of the 80's Hyundai that is a different story.

The mid-80s Hyundai Excels came with Mitsubishi engines and transmissions, IIRC. I had one, and immediately regretted my choice -- the mechanicals were truly horrid. Passed it on as soon as I could.

I don't run 'extended' OCIs changing oil every 4k miles in my Kias with either full syn or a blend and they burn no oil between the changes.
Those engines are somewhat delicate and like 'early' changes.
Forte has 119k km now and Sportage is at 70k km. Both had PCV changed and Forte had plugs changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back