Just watched my first ever episode of Star Trek- really enjoyable

Welcome to the Star Trek universe. I was hooked on the original series, so many things that were different and ground breaking for the time. The off shoots were ok and enjoyable, but for me its the original series and The Wrath of Khan as the best ever.
I remember watching “The Man Trap” when it originally aired in 1966. Years later in high school I caught TOS whenever my local station scheduled it. I met DeForest Kelly in 1978. A very nice man.
My favorite ST series is Deep Space Nine, and I also love “Picard” as well as “Discovery.”

My son was hooked as a toddler. One day when he was we were standing in the checkout line at the grocery. He said, “You know what Dad? I think today is a good day to die!” I replied “You may be right.”
That got everyone’s attention.

The original series was the best. I consider any of the follow up series to be like Roger Moore James Bond movies. Something was lost and never recovered, I didn't like any of the actors and even though I tried to watch TNG or Deep Space Nine I couldn't get through ten minutes worth. Patrick Stewart always creeped me out for some reason too. And don't even get me started on having the always repulsive Whoopi Goldberg as a character.

The Doomsday Machine is another episode well worth watching. That is the one with the thing that looked like a shriveled carrot.

I agree with a previous comment that the original series had some great episodes and some real duds.
They were running low on the budget for special effects, it's more like a wind sock.

Shatner's performances ranged from pretty good to painful ham.
Ha ha ha ...LOL ....:ROFLMAO: Both of my sons love the old Star Trek and yet we all laugh up a storm and describe Shatner the same as you do!
Pretty good to pain inducing HAM! They will have me laugh so hard sometimes they will walk in and do a few common lines he flubbed in some Tv show that is so funny. Jim Carey used to imitate him at times. lol. Probably all over You Tube.
I attempted to watch a movie with him that took me by complete surprise not long ago. An actual western movie. I had no idea he did some of those. He was playing a (as you say painful ham) dual role as twins. The movie is called White Comachee and he plays two brothers one raised by white men and the other Comanchees and he turned into a psychotic angry indian who was a killing machine. Its hillarious he hams up so bad trying to be the "bad guy indian." who wants revenge and to kill his "white" raised brother for no reason. We have seen him do some comedy stuff the last few years and he is good at that stuff.

They were running low on the budget for special effects, it's more like a wind sock.
Yes, but the remastered versions seen nowadays make that “bone thing” look a lot better. And no one outdoes that Commodore Decker look towards his demise!
69869270-8758-4160-B359-FF0604CD9F33.jpeg

"...with a maw which can swallow a dozen starships!" Not to be taken lightly, dude.
It does leave it open to sequels as at the end they wonder if there are others out there. Impending doom is always a good story line.

It does leave it open to sequels as at the end they wonder if there are others out there. Impending doom is always a good story line.
A TNG novel proposed that the doomsday machine was a prototype of a device that an alien race developed to fight the Borg.

Have any of you seen the new sitcom, The Andy Griffith Show? It comes on six to eight times a day. The character known as "Barney" could possibly steal the show. You might get the theme out of your head but I doubt it.

Have any of you seen the new sitcom, The Andy Griffith Show? It comes on six to eight times a day. The character known as "Barney" could possibly steal the show. You might get the theme out of your head but I doubt it.
Doesn't Barney always keep his only bullet in his pocket and never in his gun? Haha!

I've never seen a episode of Star Trek! I've meant to a few times, but never got around to it. I would probably enjoy them. I'd love to binge the original series sometime.

Back