Just got a new Sig P320 XFull

I already own a few 'staples' like a Glock 17 and an M&P, so I've wanted a P320 to fill out my collection a little, especially since it has a growing following and aftermarket support. I got it from Bud's for $599 (pretty much the going rate) and picked it up from the FFL yesterday. I haven't shot it yet but the flattened X-grip frame feels good in the hand, MUCH better than the round grip of the original frame that felt like you were holding a beer can. The flat trigger feels good, a little gritty but short with a short reset. The reset is a bit soft which I'm not too crazy about but we'll see how the thing feels after a few hundred rounds. The sights look solid (not that I can use them with my eyes) and the apparently Mec-Gar-made mags are nice.

Gripes so far: My main issue is that, with my eyesight as it is, I need to use red dots or I can't shoot. The XFull comes with Sig's removable plate system revealing their Deltapoint Pro-compatible Romeo1 Pro cut. I've never touched either so I don't know if they need indexing lugs or if the sights come with the correct screws, but the XFull comes with nothing. No information, no instructions, no indexing plates (if even needed) and no hardware. I was happy to see that this newer pistol also came drilled with RMR mounting holes, but again, no information, no indexing plates, and no hardware. I have a filler plate and screws coming from C&H Precision to make a clean install of my Holosun 507c but it cost me over $70 on top of the gun for the privilege. I didn't need to do that with my Glock MOS, S&W CORE, APX RDO, or even my $399 Canik.

And to pick nits, the case seems a bit cheesy, documentation is thin, the aforementioned lack of any hardware or info regarding mounting a red dot, no cleaning brush, no mag loader, etc. It just seems kind of 'no frills'. Hopefully it shoots as well as I hope I does and all will be forgiven.

Update this after you send some rounds out with it. I've been seriously considering one lately.. I already own a 19x and I find it to be one of the best pistols I've owned in a while, it shoots where you point it. Wondering if the 320 is the same way.

Great purchase. I think you will like the P320. I recently purchased a Sig M18 and plan to switch over to the Wilson Combat grip frame soon. The rounded factory grip frame points low for me. As I understand it, the Wilson modules seem to be thinner than the factory. I really want to try a green dot optic and I like the features of the Holosun 507c for the price. Problem is, as you know I'll have to buy an adapter plate to run the Holosun.

Thanks.

One thing I knew I wanted to change right off the bat was get a full-length grip frame because I don't like the look of the Full slide on the Carry frame. I considered buying a Wilson grip frame but it turns out I like the way the stock Sig X frame feels so I just got the same one in Full length and saved myself a few bucks.

I have two first-gen Holosun 507c green dots that I've had for a few years and I'm more than happy with. My crappy eyes can see green dots WAY better than red dots.

I found that lots of companies make adapter plates to put RMR-pattern red dots on a P320 so at least you'll have choices.

Thanks.

One thing I knew I wanted to change right off the bat was get a full-length grip frame because I don't like the look of the Full slide on the Carry frame. I considered buying a Wilson grip frame but it turns out I like the way the stock Sig X frame feels so I just got the same one in Full length and saved myself a few bucks.

I have two first-gen Holosun 507c green dots that I've had for a few years and I'm more than happy with. My crappy eyes can see green dots WAY better than red dots.

I found that lots of companies make adapter plates to put RMR-pattern red dots on a P320 so at least you'll have choices.

I prefer the green dots as well. I think I want to try the 2 MOA dot centered in the 32 MOA circle. Seems similar to the Eotechs I'm used to running on the AR platform.

Do you have any experience with the different adapter plates?

Sorry, no experience beyond the Internet research I've done in the last week for this. Yours should be a bit easier to figure out since there are M17/M18-specific plates out there, and the cut on mine was one of about 8 different ones Sig has used. I think the M-series has used one and only one cut. The C&H Precision Works seems to be the most popular but there are others out there. Just depends on if you want to retain a rear sight and if you want to pay for it. I'm not a fan of how some of them sit above the top surface of the slide but if that's the only way to do it...

There are a few others out there, but again, I have no experience with any of them.

I received the Full-length X-Grip module this morning and swapped it with the Carry. It's a small difference yet looks so much better and 'correct'.

The process to swap the frames is simple but dang if that takedown lever/pin wasn't a PITA to line up correctly and install.

I received the Full-length X-Grip module this morning and swapped it with the Carry. It's a small difference yet looks so much better and 'correct'.

The process to swap the frames is simple but dang if that takedown lever/pin wasn't a PITA to line up correctly and install.

I bet it looks really good. Be interested to hear what you think after you put a few rounds through it.

I went ahead and ordered the Wilson Combat Carry grip along with an Armory Craft tungsten weight kit for my M18 a couple days ago. Hopefully it will be here next week and I can put a few rounds through it next weekend.

Have you decided on an optics adapter yet?

While not the same pistol, I liked Sig factory grip on my P365. It’s well done.

But I like the Wilson Combat grip module even better.

Slightly better fit to my hand. More grip from the texture. A worthwhile upgrade.

Have you decided on an optics adapter yet?
I bought one of these (yours would use a different plate):

I'm not that happy with it considering it's just thin piece of anodized aluminum and four screws and it cost me about $70 after tax and shipping. The flat end of the plate is cut at a slight angle which is more or less cosmetic, but the provided screws are too long. The screws have been cut manually with a grinder or cutoff wheel so the ends are sharp and not tapered making installing them straight a challenge. The shorter screws for Holosun sights bottom out in the holes before the sight is tight. I have no way of making them shorter and 6-40 screws of this size are like unicorns (probably why they were shortened by CHPWS) so all I can do is spend another $10 on an RMR sealing plate and use it as a spacer and hope it's thick enough to allow the screws to work. CHPWS seems to have the only plate like this so I guess I'm stuck with making it work. Disappointing.

While not the same pistol, I liked Sig factory grip on my P365. It’s well done.

But I like the Wilson Combat grip module even better.

Slightly better fit to my hand. More grip from the texture. A worthwhile upgrade.

I may try one for my P365. I understand the WC adds just a little bit of a palm swell, giving you just a bit more to grip?

I'm not that happy with it considering it's just thin piece of anodized aluminum and four screws and it cost me about $70 after tax and shipping. The flat end of the plate is cut at a slight angle which is more or less cosmetic, but the provided screws are too long. The screws have been cut manually with a grinder or cutoff wheel so the ends are sharp and not tapered making installing them straight a challenge. The shorter screws for Holosun sights bottom out in the holes before the sight is tight. I have no way of making them shorter and 6-40 screws of this size are like unicorns (probably why they were shortened by CHPWS) so all I can do is spend another $10 on an RMR sealing plate and use it as a spacer and hope it's thick enough to allow the screws to work. CHPWS seems to have the only plate like this so I guess I'm stuck with making it work. Disappointing.

That is a little disappointing. I think I read on the Bobro website that you had to grind the screws just a bit if mounting a Holosun.

I may try one for my P365. I understand the WC adds just a little bit of a palm swell, giving you just a bit more to grip?
That's how it feels to me. Just a bit more palm swell. A bit more texture. It felt good before. It feels great now.

Update:
Not sure why I was overthinking the screw problem but I was able to hold them with needle nose pliers and take off about a millimeter from each screw with a grinding wheel on my Dremel, something I totally forgot I had. The threads got only slightly boogered by the pliers, but it was only on the screw shank where they pass through the sight so it was inconsequential. I'm still not thrilled that the plate doesn't fit as snugly as it should but the tapered screws and some thread lock pretty much guarantee the sight isn't going anywhere. I'm finally happy with this thing. Now I just need to go shoot it. :)

Installed the Wilson Combat grip with the Armory Craft tungsten grip weights on the M18 last night. Happy with how it sits and feels in the hand.

IMG_2250.jpeg

Very nice! I didn't know they made the M17 and M18 in black. I never noticed the small difference in the slide serrations before. I'm wondering what the slide looks like under the optics plate, curious if it also has RMR holes or just DPP/R1P holes.

Here's mine with the longer frame and Holosun mounted. You can see the CHPWS plate is more of a locator/filler than actual mount. It's very thin.

IMG_1611x.jpg

The XFull is pretty much exactly what I've wanted in a P320: Optics ready and X-series grip, with no bells and whistles otherwise. The flat trigger is a bonus.

Very nice! I didn't know they made the M17 and M18 in black. I never noticed the small difference in the slide serrations before. I'm wondering what the slide looks like under the optics plate, curious if it also has RMR holes or just DPP/R1P holes.

Here's mine with the longer frame and Holosun mounted. You can see the CHPWS plate is more of a locator/filler than actual mount. It's very thin.

View attachment 94266

The XFull is pretty much exactly what I've wanted in a P320: Optics ready and X-series grip, with no bells and whistles otherwise. The flat trigger is a bonus.

Good looking pistol.

I haven't removed the plate yet but as I understand the M17 and M18 are only cut for the Delta Point Pro footprint.

I finally got to the range yesterday. I like the P320 quite a bit but it took some getting used to. The grip angle is steeper and the bore axis higher than the Glocks and other polymer pistols I have. The trigger mechanism feels real good, but as nice as the flat trigger shoe feels I may actually replace it with a factory curved one. I just couldn't press it in the same place twice so my shots were kinda all over the place. And the reset feels a bit soft but I've already found return springs that are +10% stiffer to address that.

I have the X VTAC and a massive safe full of guns. It’s honestly one of my favorite pistols. I can shoot a paper plate at 50 yards all day long. It’s so accurate, so shootable.

I’m a long time Glock fanboy but the new P320 X series guns are very very good.

I ended up removing the Holosun... for another Holosun. :)

The P320 grip angle is a lot steeper and beavertail a lot lower than what I'm used to and I was having to hunt for the green circle/dot when bringing it up. I bought an HE507-GR-X2 with a green 'ACSS Vulcan' reticle because the big circle is designed to help you find the dot (or in this case, the chevron) if you lose it, perfect for this situation. I haven't shot with this sight yet but I must say the reticle design works well in practice.

Back