Bought a new Glock 19X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Robenstein
.....Also I have never been a fan of the tactical poop colors on guns. I like black, OD green, and grey but not shades of Hershey squirts.

I'm the same way. Straight black for me on ANY Glock. Cerakote and Duracoat is nothing more than high tech, overpriced paint. Some will argue that, but the fact is they don't wear well at all, especially from holster wear. I saw a guy with a new Cerakoted Glock destroy the finish in 15 minutes, doing draw and fire drills from a Serpa type holster. The gun was brand new when he arrived. When he left it looked as if he dragged it there tied to the bumper of his car, there were so many scratches on it. Had it been standard black with a Tennifer finished slide, there wouldn't have been a mark on it.

Glad you like it, but for me, I see zero practical use for it--not any more concealable than a G17 (the length of the grip is typically the difficult part to conceal). I am not a fan of it or any of the G5 pistols--nothing there to make me run out and buy one. Just seems like Glock is losing some of its innovation in an "Applesque" sort of way and is simply throwing things out there to see what sticks.

Glock doesn't innovate, the big innovation was with the intro of the first G17 in 1982. Glock evolves the product. Set a Gen 1 beside a Gen 5 and there's no doubt they're the same pistol. I'm no armorer but wouldn't be surprised if there are parts from the G1 that work in a G5. Not a fanboi but not a hater either. Some guys go out of their way to use anything but the most popular/successful product in a given category.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
How much did you pay for your G19X ?

It was marked $749. I asked him what his "real" price was. He said $629. I offered $599, and he accepted.

$599 seems high, but its not. A standard Gen 5 Glock is $540. This gun comes with factory night sights ($79 in value), three magazines, two of which have +2 base plates ($30 in value).

I put 300 rounds through it today. Worked 100% as expected. A real nice shooter. The guy next to me was proud to show off his 8 inch group fired from his $2500 Wilson Combat 1911. I then showed him my 3 inch group from my Glock 19X.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
I put 300 rounds through it today. Worked 100% as expected. A real nice shooter. The guy next to me was proud to show off his 8 inch group fired from his $2500 Wilson Combat 1911. I then showed him my 3 inch group from my Glock 19X.

A Glock running as expected isn't unexpected.

Groups are all about distance, what if he shot at 2-3x your distance? Or maybe you're just a better shot?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

A Glock running as expected isn't unexpected.

Groups are all about distance, what if he shot at 2-3x your distance? Or maybe you're just a better shot?

Good job Bubba. I like the desert sand and it looks like you got a good deal after all on a new 19x!

I didn't think Wilson Combat even MADE a gun that cheap!

Originally Posted By: john_pifer

I didn't think Wilson Combat even MADE a gun that cheap!

laugh.gif
No wonder it only shot 8" groups!

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: Robenstein
.....Also I have never been a fan of the tactical poop colors on guns. I like black, OD green, and grey but not shades of Hershey squirts.

I'm the same way. Straight black for me on ANY Glock. Cerakote and Duracoat is nothing more than high tech, overpriced paint. Some will argue that, but the fact is they don't wear well at all, especially from holster wear. I saw a guy with a new Cerakoted Glock destroy the finish in 15 minutes, doing draw and fire drills from a Serpa type holster. The gun was brand new when he arrived. When he left it looked as if he dragged it there tied to the bumper of his car, there were so many scratches on it. Had it been standard black with a Tennifer finished slide, there wouldn't have been a mark on it.

Atleast these tactical poop color Glocks don't use any spray on finish so it should hold up okay. The slide is a PVD type finish and the brown is molded into the polymer.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Glock doesn't innovate, the big innovation was with the intro of the first G17 in 1982. Glock evolves the product. Set a Gen 1 beside a Gen 5 and there's no doubt they're the same pistol. I'm no armorer but wouldn't be surprised if there are parts from the G1 that work in a G5. Not a fanboi but not a hater either. Some guys go out of their way to use anything but the most popular/successful product in a given category.

And even that gun was not really innovative. Instead it was a clever combination of features from other guns. The locking system is the Sig interpretation of the Browning short recoil/tilting barrel system. The first commercial use of a polymer frame and a striker firing mechanism is pure Heckler and Koch. I think the only thing that was really new might be the trigger "dingus".

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Distance was the same. It comes down to me being a better shot, and much more familiar with shooting than him. If I was shooting his Wilson 1911, I probably would have shot a 1-2 inch group.

But honestly, I dont shoot for groups and just prefer quick, accurate shots on target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back