Glock Gen 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Originally Posted By: billt460
Let's be honest. Aside from a very few handloaders trying to save a couple of cents a round, when is the last time you saw anyone shooting lead bullets in a 9 MM?
I fully agree! I see a few talking smack in the forums about melting lead weights and the like to shoot cast bullets, but I simply roll my eyes at that as that seems to be more of a chest thumping exercise than an actual benefit. The only guns I have shot cast bullets in are my revolvers and even then I do not go out of my way to use them. I would not use cast bullets in any semi-automatic pistol simply because I want to shoot my hand loads at the same velocity (or slightly higher) than factory bullets. I do not relish the idea of having to scrub the living carp out of my bores to remove the lead fouling--it is simply not worth it to me. With that said, for anyone who wants a G5 I am all for it, each gun fits a person in a slightly different way, BUT the G5 is certainly not an evolution nor is it likely to be a revolution.

You cast those bullets at brindle hardness 15 or better and you will be doing very little or no scrubbing. I shoot cast in both my 9MM and .45 ACP with zero issues.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Let's be honest. Aside from a very few handloaders trying to save a couple of cents a round, when is the last time you saw anyone shooting lead bullets in a 9 MM?
I fully agree! I see a few talking smack in the forums about melting lead weights and the like to shoot cast bullets, but I simply roll my eyes at that as that seems to be more of a chest thumping exercise than an actual benefit. The only guns I have shot cast bullets in are my revolvers and even then I do not go out of my way to use them. I would not use cast bullets in any semi-automatic pistol simply because I want to shoot my hand loads at the same velocity (or slightly higher) than factory bullets. I do not relish the idea of having to scrub the living carp out of my bores to remove the lead fouling--it is simply not worth it to me. With that said, for anyone who wants a G5 I am all for it, each gun fits a person in a slightly different way, BUT the G5 is certainly not an evolution nor is it likely to be a revolution.

You cast those bullets at brindle hardness 15 or better and you will be doing very little or no scrubbing. I shoot cast in both my 9MM and .45 ACP with zero issues.
Meh...not worth it to me, but to each his own.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
I will scream from the roof tops how much I HATE those stupid finger grooves.

They really aren't what I would even call "grooves". They're more like a couple of small bumps.

These are finger grooves.^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
I will scream from the roof tops how much I HATE those stupid finger grooves.

They really aren't what I would even call "grooves". They're more like a couple of small bumps.

Still need to get your fingers lined up correctly on the grip or it doesn't feel right.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Still need to get your fingers lined up correctly on the grip or it doesn't feel right.

I just don't see how you could pick it up "wrong"? We're only talking about 3 fingers here. 1 always goes right underneath the trigger guard. That only leaves 2 left with one bump to split them.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Are there any Glock Gen 5 lovers here?
I have only owned 1 Glock (Gen 4 G17). I bought it Nov. 2016 and sold it Feb. 2017. Don't get me wrong now, I think the Glock is a very dependable firearm. But, it's not the firearm for me. I just can't get used to the grip ergonomics.
Anyway, the Gen 5 doesn't impress me at all. The frame is not beveled to the slides new beveled end. The ambi slide stop looks as if Glock notched the frame with a butter knife, or something similar. The 2 that I handled, one had night sights, the other one had the factory polymer sights. But, the front night sight was off center to the right and the polymer rear sight was off center to the left. The frame was also thinner than previous made Glock frames. The things that I did like was the new finish. It sort of looks like the original Gen 3's "fry pan" coating. I also like the no grooves grip. This grip actually feels like I can get used to it. The stippling is a nice touch as well. Last but not least, I really liked the trigger. I own a M&P 2.0 .40 cal. and I thought that it had the best factory trigger for a pistol. But, I think the Gen 5 has it beat.
When I returned home from the range I started surfing the interweb to see if there was anyone else that had the same issues with the Gen 5 as well. Ironically, there was someone that thought the same as me. Check out the video below.
To sum it up, I will not be buying a Glock Gen 5. For $575+ I think my money would be spent better on a SIG 320 (Even with a defective trigger), another M&P, or a LE trade in Gen 3 G23 (I will remove the finger grooves).

https://youtu.be/RgoQogAHCtk

My cousin bought a Gen 5 G19 yesterday evening. He got a great deal on it. We have a cousin that owns a small gun shop/range near Metry, La. (That's how us cajuns say Metairie=Metry}. He paid $485 OTD. I was over at his house earlier today shooting it. The only 2 things I like about it are, no finger grooves, and the finish. Other than that, it's just a Gen 4 with extra doo-dads.

What's up with all the BOLDING? It drowns out everything in your signature. Unless you can figure out a way to BOLD that as well.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
What's up with all the BOLDING? It drowns out everything in your signature. Unless you can figure out a way to BOLD that as well.
smile.gif

Seriously?
smirk.gif

I bet if I had the option to type in cursive, and in BOLD, would I get attacked for that too? I don't see why or how a member feels like typing should matter............unless everything were in CAPS.
Have you anything to say about the Gen 5?

smile.gif

I fixed my signature just for you.
smile.gif

I was just joking around with you BlueOval.
smile.gif

It's ok. We go way back and I was just caught off guard. Like they say,"It's all good in the hood!"
grin.gif

lol.gif
Very good, now your signature really pops! Nice to see you on here posting.
thumbsup2.gif

Thank you Sir. I had my operation this past Monday and am feeling very well. I had to spend one night and was released Tuesday evening. I was up and about Wednesday, but not too active. I awoke this AM feeling a whole lot better than previous days before. When I was shooting my cousins Gen 5 last night it ACTUALLY was kicking my butt!
sick.gif

Most Holsters will fit from what I've seen. The ambi slide stop is where it is changed so if you have a very form fitting kydex holster you might need to heat it up and loosen it or trim it in that area.

Leather holsters should be unaffected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back