Just got a new Sig P320 XFull

In your pics it almost looks like it's the same size as a G23. Is it? My pinky hangs out in oblivion just a bit when holding a G23. That's why l have never been interested in the G23. The grip isn't long enough for my hands.
My SD9 is almost the same size as the G23. The SD9 grip is about a 1/2" longer. My hand fits that grip perfect.
The the SIG 320 FS in 40 is more to my liking.
No more 9mm's for me.

In your pics it almost looks like it's the same size as a G23. Is it? My pinky hangs out in oblivion just a bit when holding a G23. That's why l have never been interested in the G23. The grip isn't long enough for my hands.
My SD9 is almost the same size as the G23. The SD9 grip is about a 1/2" longer. My hand fits that grip perfect.
No more 9mm's for me.
Why no more 9mm's?

No more 9mm's for me.
Nope, it's a full-sized, duty-sized pistol, not a compact like the G23. Lots of pinky room.

I don't like the same-sized G19 for exactly the reasons you state about the G23. I don't have big hands but apparently I have 'wide' hands. lol

1I ended up removing the Holosun... for another Holosun. :)

The P320 grip angle is a lot steeper and beavertail a lot lower than what I'm used to and I was having to hunt for the green circle/dot when bringing it up. I bought an HE507-GR-X2 with a green 'ACSS Vulcan' reticle because the big circle is designed to help you find the dot (or in this case, the chevron) if you lose it, perfect for this situation. I haven't shot with this sight yet but I must say the reticle design works well in practice.
I USED to own a Colt Trooper 357 wheel gun, loved it, my Son sold it, needs a butt kicking, i put Hogue grips and it felt great, 6" barrel 1 shot 1 bad guy goes away

I have quite a few Sig's and yes the P320 does have a higher bore axis and will take some time getting used too but its a great gun and has been flawless for me. I feel like the biggest scam of the century is how they hyped up how interchangeable it is that you can literally take out the firing assembly out and insert it into a different frame size and also change calibers.... don't get me wrong it's a really cool feature but you can't hardly find those kits and when you do they are just as expensive as just paying the money for another gun with the exception of the background check transfer fees, etc... and not having the firing action with serial you should be able to find them online but they were never made widely available.

I have a P250 that's a .40 and I believe all I need to do is change out the barrel for .357 if I want to convert it over, the magazines are the same and I think it uses the same slide too but the main reason I haven't is due to cost of that ammo and availability of it.

I ended up removing the Holosun... for another Holosun. :)

The P320 grip angle is a lot steeper and beavertail a lot lower than what I'm used to and I was having to hunt for the green circle/dot when bringing it up. I bought an HE507-GR-X2 with a green 'ACSS Vulcan' reticle because the big circle is designed to help you find the dot (or in this case, the chevron) if you lose it, perfect for this situation. I haven't shot with this sight yet but I must say the reticle design works well in practice.
Well the ACSS Vulcan version of the Holosun 507C is not for me. I find the chevron reticle to be more distracting rather than precise. Shame, I wanted to like it.

The circle/dot 507C from my Glock will be replacing it (itself being replaced by a new SCS MOS tonight) and the ACSS Vulcan 507C will be put up for sale on the local gun trader site.

And now I've also decided that the factory flat trigger isn't for me either. I replaced it with the standard lightweight curved trigger and it feels so much better to my hand now. We'll see how it feels to shoot hopefully this weekend.

IMG_1738x.jpg

I shot my P320 so much better with the curved trigger. Totally worth it. I'm glad 'downgrading' certain parts costs a lot less than upgrading! :)

Great purchase. I think you will like the P320. I recently purchased a Sig M18 and plan to switch over to the Wilson Combat grip frame soon. The rounded factory grip frame points low for me. As I understand it, the Wilson modules seem to be thinner than the factory. I really want to try a green dot optic and I like the features of the Holosun 507c for the price. Problem is, as you know I'll have to buy an adapter plate to run the Holosun.
You'll enjoy the green dot. I have a 407c with a green dot on my M&P 10mm and plan on going green on any optic from now on. Also, just my opinion, but you should consider the 407 unless you are really really wanting the extra reticle options. A friend of mine has the 507 and although I like the circle dot in a full size optic like a 510, it seems too cluttered in a pistol optic like the 507. I know you can switch the reticles and make it just a dot but then you have a 407 that you've paid more money for.

Wanting to customize my P320 a bit, I bought a Wilson Combat grip frame since I've heard such good things about them. I didn't even install it as I really disliked how it felt right out of the packaging. The backstrap of the grip is tapered down quite a bit, coming to more of a 'point' (relatively), and the texture of both it and the frontstrap are very rough (which could be addressed with sandpaper or a file if it were the only issue). The top of the grip is narrowed significantly which is the total opposite of the stock frame that has no thumb and index finger reliefs in it whatsoever. Wilson's design is probably fantastic for gloved hands, but not for these delicate mitts of mine. Shame, it certainly looks better than the stocker. Back it's going...

That’s a shame. The Wilson Combat grip module on my P365XL is great. It’s an improvement over the already good factory grip. I really like the texture and shape of the Wilson.

Back