just bought an '06 Mercury Montego

Status
Not open for further replies.
a couple quick pix...

Paint is in excellent condition, shines even at dusk!

ge8.jpg

ww9.jpg

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Another Ford on the board! Seems to be a positive trend as of late!

Oh, yes! It's a sheer revolution in the making!

Really? You had to post in this thread JUST to state this? Come on.

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
If you squint hard enough it kinda looks like a Marauder with that black grill....I like.

Was thinking the same thing! Looks sweet!

As I stated earlier, your tranny is the Aisin-Warner 6-spd, but I was incorrect when I said that Mercon V is used as the fluid. It now seems that Ford specs their "Motorcraft Premium ATF" as the preferred fluid. I've not found much information about this stuff, only that dealerships are getting about $7/qt for it.

I would use the Amsoil ATF in it as you originally questioned as it's as good a fluid as any, and seems to be recommended for compatible fluids for this tranny like Mobil 3309 or Toyota T-IV.

As an aside, I'm using Amsoil ATF in my 3 Ford tranny's, an older E4OD, an AX4N, and a 6F50. All still run smoothly and have not required anything other than regular maintenance.

Thank you for the trans clarification, that's good to know.

Took it out tonight for a nice ride with the family. It rides real nice. Fairly quiet, stereo isn't too bad for a base-level audio, but I do like all the buttons for MPG & compass stuff.

Like walking into a server room, the more cool-colored lights, the happier I am. lol

The toe-in when accelerating is soooo different that the Saturns that I feel like a grandpa driving this thing.

All in all, a really nice car.

Get this, in 1991, I paid $9300 for a base Saturn SL 4dr with A/C, tape player and floor mats. Standard in this car, which base-priced at $7,995 was speed assisted power steering, folding rear seats, and rear defrogger. Not bad for back in the day...

...forward to 2010, $9000 bought a much better vehicle. Sure it's used, but it's vastly better in nearly every way. Technology has truly improved the breed.

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn

...forward to 2010, $9000 bought a much better vehicle. Sure it's used, but it's vastly better in nearly every way. Technology has truly improved the breed.

Uh, yeah, if you say so...

congrats on the purchase. I had to go to scottsville, Ky to get my wife a new car. I didn't trust buying any used car in Nashville. I probably won't for another 5 years.

I do like the mercury styling better than Ford's verion for some reason. I like mercury millan version better than ford fusion's styling. Since Mercury brand is going away, it's a good time to pick up a mercury at a good price.

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn

Uh, yeah, if you say so...

I do, that's why I said it :)

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
congrats on the purchase. I had to go to scottsville, Ky to get my wife a new car. I didn't trust buying any used car in Nashville. I probably won't for another 5 years.

Absolutely. The Auburntown Fusion is still for sale on CL. No floods out there. Only problem is that it's kinda far away...

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Have you decided what oil/filter you will run on it?

The guy had it changed about 1,000 miles ago, so I have some time to think about it.

A BITOG'ers dream: thinking about the next oil change.

happy2.gif

Originally Posted By: lyle
As I stated earlier, your tranny is the Aisin-Warner 6-spd, but I was incorrect when I said that Mercon V is used as the fluid. It now seems that Ford specs their "Motorcraft Premium ATF" as the preferred fluid. I've not found much information about this stuff, only that dealerships are getting about $7/qt for it.

This tranny is very sensitive to the type of fluid used in it.
DO NOT use MERCON!!!! If you do you will DAMAGE your tranny!

Use the specificed Ford Motorcraft fluid and I would definitely change the fluid about every 35k-40k or so....There have been reports that if the fluid is not changed fairly regularly premature failure may occur...
IGNORE THE 100k change interval that Ford claims! It's bogus!

My Dad ownes the MY 2006 Ford 500 (SEL trim) and is very happy with it. Almost no problems with it at all.

Congrats! Another nice Ford! It seems that Ford haters are having a hard time accepting that Ford is doing something pretty good these days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back