Just bought a 2015 Mazda 6, planning ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used Mobil 1 for 3 OCIs, Kendall for 4 OCIs and Pennzoil Platinum for 2 OCIs...all Synthetic 0w20. I have not noticed any performance or noise differences amongst any of them. I run the oil out to 6months or 7500 miles...usually I hit mileage first. I just bought 2 jugs of Castrol 0w20 which are going in next. Just buy the proper weight for warranty/spec as called for in the manual and don't worry about it.

Enjoy the car!

Last edited:
1 week old, not a full work week either. Already at 700 miles. 36.9 mpg average. Zero signs of oil use. So far the only thing I dislike with the car is the turn signals/wipers controls the end of them have a unfinished feeling to them.

Just an update,

did an oil change this last Saturday, we've had the car for about a month and with a handful of off days we still managed to hit 3300 miles.

I ended up going with Mobil 1 0w20, oil change on the Mazda is super easy however one thing I disliked.

As soon as I broke the drain plug loose, oil started to drip out, I've never had a car dip oil with a drain plug that was just broke loose, I assume it's because of the super thin oil?

I'm still amazed at just how thin the oil is, it was like water!

Next oil change will be in about 2 months when it hits 7500 miles.

Really nice car, and great oil choice. Can't go wrong with either. I have had a couple Mazda cars and one Mazda truck over the years. All were great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back