Calling Mazda 2.5L Owners

I don't think so, but I'll check again. I just have the regular needle type on the display next to the mph. I'll check the info screen but I don't recall seeing it.

You should check your owners manual. Mine has a compass, distance warning, instant mpg meter, engine temp and a couple of others. I usually have it on the instant mpg meter.

You should check your owners manual. Mine has a compass, distance warning, instant mpg meter, engine temp and a couple of others. I usually have it on the instant mpg meter.

Well PimTac the problem is those Mazda need the have a 65" monitor so you can display all that at once.

Well PimTac the problem is those Mazda need the have a 65" monitor so you can display all that at once.

Well, a lot of it is a bit ridiculous. I don’t need a compass to tell me where I am going. I still use my Mk1 eyeballs to check the distance from the car in front of me.
They could condense all that into one screen. Meanwhile I keep my eyes on the road and the HUD.

I like 5w-20 in all seasons.
Just bought a 16 mazda 6 GT.

Great car so far. Most agile sedan I've owned.
Super fun.

Already thinking about the inline 6 and RWD coming out soon.

Somewhat off topic but today I did a 300 mile round trip across a pass in 80-90 degree weather. Fuel economy averaged 35.4mpg and this was with air conditioning.
Mobil 1 AP 0w20.

Wow...you go more than twice as far as I do on a gallon of gas.

When I owned my 2014 Mazda3 I drove 225 miles per day and I thought the fuel economy was great. Now I drive 12 miles per day so not too much money getting burned in the Tundra.

Mazda enthusiasts are a finicky bunch. The Mazda filter is nothing special, use any filter that fits and you’ll be just fine. Enthusiasts will claim that the Wix 57002 is the only aftermarket filter you should run. Simply put, I’ve seen no validity in these claims.

If warranty is a concern then you’ll want to stick with 0w-20. Realistically though, this engine can use just about anything based on various geographically based manuals. 0/5w-20 and 0/5/10w-30 will treat you just fine.

You can look through my post history to see various filter dissections and UOAs. Based on the UOAs I don’t trust the Flexible Oil Monitor and decided to cap my mileage at 7,500.
I agree. My old 16 Mazda 3 with the 2.0 was fantastic, and still going great (my sister owns it now with about 90k miles) I ran all different kinds of oil, and oil filters from M1, Amsoil, OEM, and wix. I changed it every 5k except with Amsoil I made a couple of trips to California, and ran that 10k. Just about every brand of oil you can think of all 0w20. They're definitely easy to maintain.

I just looked up the filter, I'm a little sad to see they switched to metric threads and now spec the little lawn mower filter on it, the old Mazda 2.3/2.5L that was used in tons of Fords and Mazda's had the 3/4-16 oil filter mount and the standard filter was Fram 3614 sized which was a respectable filter for a 4 banger to start with but then you had the option to use the oversized Fram 8,16, or 3600 model filters.
My 2007 Fusion uses the silly cartridge one. :/ Some people use the housing from a Focus or something to switch it to canister. Debating on that, as my filter housing has a stripped head that no longer takes the oil filter wrench, and I need to use pliers to get it on and off. It's $20 for a new housing, so yeah.

Current filter size is Asian standard 6607 (Fram number system) Though I think 7317 will fit OK.
Transmission on older Mazdas were Nissan/Tramco and not the greatest. '17 and up are Mazda's
own design transmissions.
Mazda is rated #1 by Consumer Reports this year, topping Honda and Toyota for quality.

My 2¢

My 2007 Fusion uses the silly cartridge one. :/ Some people use the housing from a Focus or something to switch it to canister. Debating on that, as my filter housing has a stripped head that no longer takes the oil filter wrench, and I need to use pliers to get it on and off. It's $20 for a new housing, so yeah.
I'd just get the spinon plate and use the longer filter, seems like at some point Ford made the spin on mounting plate mount closer to the block so the Fram 3600 or Motorcraft fl400 are the largest filter you can use.

I have a 16 mazda 6 gt.
No oil usage at all.

I started using 5w-30 instead of the 0w-30.
I prefer the engine using a 30 weight. It's smoother and quieter. No noticeable change in mpgs.im using denso oil filters.

Back