Just bought a 2011 Camry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres not a auto manufacture/boat/motorcycle/plane/rv/motorhome etc.out there doing fine.Thats why the huge discunts.Toyota got to hurting after all the recalls hit.There is a Toyota/SUV holding/prep/shipping area near me.Toyotas parked in every piece of that property.Use not to be that way.

You got an awesome deal. I think now I'm going to expect similarly equipped Camrys at that price
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Jason Adcock

IMG00029.jpg

Hmm I see they removed the battery and oil pressure gauges. Is it those "base" instrument clusters where they only give you MPH, fuel level and temp gauges?

I like the semi-real oil pressure gauge on my Tundra. Semi-real as in the needle moves varies on RPM but does not give an actual reading.

I am not a big Toyota fan, but I do like the Camry, especially at that price. I am surprised to see that the base has auto headlight, steering wheel audio controls, and the LED gauges at that price! Very nicely equipped!

Do you know if the Toyota keyless entry is just a module that plugs in? DIY friendly would be nice!

Thank you for all the good comments.

Yes, you can get a 6-MT in a Camry. I didn't for two reasons. First, one of the reasons we traded off the Corolla is because my wife couldn't drive it (5-MT). Secondly, they apparently only had five of these "loss leader" models, and they were all equipped the same...base model, standard options, with 6-AT.

Tires: I was expecting a Bridgestone Turanza or similar, but it's got Michelin Energy MXV4 S8s. I thought those only came on the hybrids or higher Camry lines.

I do hope the keyless entry is a plug-n-play module. I'll have to look into that. I will have to buy remotes, though. In the end, it might be easier just to cough up the $284 or whatever it is the dealer wants.

The engine is the 2AR-FE, 2.5L. Same family of engine as the 2.7L in the RAV-4, Venza, Highlander, Sienna, etc (that is the 1AR-FE). 169 hp and the same for torque I think. It moves pretty well with the 6-AT. Handling is great for how it rides. The handling isn't near as crisp as the Corolla's, but the ride isn't near as crisp either. It rides a lot like my old Sevilles, but more button-downed and with much more wheel control.

The "base" Camry is very well-equipped. You really can't get a stripper model anymore.

thumbsup2.gif
And the comments about that color(my favorite for just about any car/truck!) "hiding" dirt? 100% true!
grin2.gif

Enjoy your new car, sounds like you got a great deal.
19.gif

Congrats on the new car! Though personally I'm not a fan of the exterior styling, and the interior styling is pretty bland, those are personal opinions, and overall they seem to be pretty trouble free and good on gas. Hope it lasts you a long time!

Originally Posted By: wirelessF
Originally Posted By: Jason Adcock

IMG00029.jpg

Hmm I see they removed the battery and oil pressure gauges. Is it those "base" instrument clusters where they only give you MPH, fuel level and temp gauges?

I like the semi-real oil pressure gauge on my Tundra. Semi-real as in the needle moves varies on RPM but does not give an actual reading.

Wireless, you need a reality check. No mainstream sedan has offered an oil pressure or voltage gauge in decades. You won't find these in an Accord, Altima, Impala, Malibu, Taurus, Fusion, etc. either. And did you overlook that nice, big, tach?

And you're incorrect about the Tundra's OP gauge too. Certain makes (most notably Ford in the Explorer and pickup) have been "acknowledged" for their fake OP gauges that only mimic the behavior of a warning light (up or down, on or off). We had a Sequoia for six years, same gauge, and it reflected the actual oil pressure across a wide range of conditions. Yes, OP will often track with rpm, no surprise there, and that doesn't make it a fake gauge.

I've been driving trucks for years and never drove a sedan to actually notice if they have oil pressure gauges. I know that you get the "base" instrument cluster w/ MPH, fuel, and coolant temp gauges or the "full" cluster w/ RPM, MPH, fuel, coolant, oil press., and battery gauges.

Nice car! Was looking at those and they had 2010 LE for around the same price before the recalls.

Same color as our Outback and its a great color.

I've had some thought about selling the Corolla and getting something like what you got.

Keep us informed on how you like it and what MPG you are getting.

Take care and enjoy the new ride!

bill

Jason, Thats a great price! I worked my tail off to get my 04 Altima 2.5S auto trans for less than 18K which stickered for $20,260.00. Although I do have the factory driving lights, tilt/telescope steering wheel, only front airbags(2), carpeted floor and trunk mats and molded/color matched mud guards, auto dimming rear view mirror w/outside temp and compass, standard single disk CD(sounds great).
What it doesn't have is: power seats, steering wheel mounted radio controls or lighted vaniry mirrors, sun roof or ABS/side airbags.
I did install my own 17" aluminum wheels/tires which brought the total cost of my ride to 20,001.00 which included all taxes, dealer charges for title/insurance/registration and my own wheels/tires. I thought that was good then. Yours JA is much better today!

Originally Posted By: pbm
Originally Posted By: RTexasF
How did you manage a used car price on a new car? Very nice by the way.

Many Toyota (and Honda) dealers used to add 2 or 3K to the sticker price.
I'm happy to see them humbled.

The resale must be in the tank since the kamakazee gas pedal fiasco. Heavily rebated I would assume or huge factory to dealer incentives to regain market share. either way if you want one, can get good deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back