Considering a 2011 Acura TSX Technology as a spare vehicle. Experiences with Gen 2?

I'm looking at a 2011 TSX Technology with almost 150,000 miles, two owners, no accidents. It's a Florida car that has been religiously maintained by two FL Acura dealers. Average oil changes have been at 6,312 miles. I have documentation of all oil changes except two, as well as major services at 58K and 85K. No evidence of the major ones at 120K and 150K but the transmission fluid, coolant and brake fluid was changed at 58K and 85K. Also done at 85K was new front struts, rear shocks, drive belt and upper and bottom radiator hoses. Front axle was replaced at 101K along with a new alternator. I have rarely found a used vehicle with such a solid list of "dealer" performed maintenance.

Naturally I want to be sure this had no flood damage from Hurricane Ian. Are there any weak spots I should look for? Any other recommendations or personal experiences with a Gen 2 TSX? This will be a fourth family car for two drivers, so it won't be a daily driver. Thanks for your feedback.

Which engine, the I4 or V6? :unsure:

The four is the better engine due to being easier to work on, better fuel economy, and it has a timing chain. The V6 is more difficult to service, has a timing belt, and also VCM

I test drove the TSX today and decided to punt on it. Dealer stood firm at $9,700. I got spooked a bit by the 151K mileage, but the car actually was in very good shape and was well cared for. It must have spent a lot of time in the Florida sun since all of the window seals were bad and in need of replacement.

Last edited:
Back