John Deere Oil Filter Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from my mom and dads JD 345 18HP Liquid cooled Kawasaki. The filter has 112hrs on it, I guess my dad changed the oil at about 50hr intervals but left the same filter on for 112 hrs.

This is the same filter I run on my JD 20hp liquid cooled Kawasaki. Looks pretty good.

JD34502.jpg

JD34501.jpg

Don't know if you have the inclination or the room, but you could run a Puro 14477. It's the same filter, just longer. I used them for hundreds of thousands of miles.

I cut open the John Deere OEM version of that filter. The filter element was about an inch tall.

I showed it to the John Deere dealer, and never bought another one.

I now use the Puro Classic pictured above.

Originally Posted By: Stelth
Nice. How's the adbv feel?

It was very pliable, not hardened at all.

Originally Posted By: robshelton
Don't know if you have the inclination or the room, but you could run a Puro 14477. It's the same filter, just longer. I used them for hundreds of thousands of miles.

Don't have the room.

I found you can run the Kohler filters on some of the Kawasaki engines used in JD...the sealing surface boss on my 19HP Kawasaki in a JD Gator fits both filters. That might give you more choices in length?

I also cut the OE JD filter open...the element was really small as mrsilv04 indicated, but (other than adding volume) does it matter?

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
I cut open the John Deere OEM version of that filter. The filter element was about an inch tall.

I showed it to the John Deere dealer, and never bought another one.

I now use the Puro Classic pictured above.

I just cut open a JD AM107423 and the element was about 2 inches tall. But, the paper on the Puralator looks much better regarding number and evenness of pleats. Looks like a winner.

funny thing, most jd filters are champ made, i know the kaw am107423 is for sure, and its no higher quality than a super tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back