John Deere LVA16054 by Donaldson, Hydraulic Filter, 1025R, 57.1 Hours

Folks, here is the OE hydro/hydraulic filter off of my 57.1hr 2022 John Deere 1025R. This filter is either unlabeled due to being OE or just covered in black paint... I think the later is the case as it's probably installed then the entire hydro unit is painted. The replacement LVA16054 has Donaldson logos on it, so I am to believe thats the manufacturer.

Few weeks back when purchasing this filter, the local JD Dealer Service Manager was kinda weird with me for wanting to change the filter and Low-Vis Hygard fill on the tractor with only 50hrs. Said don't do it until 200hrs. I am pleased I followed my intuition as this filter was grey with material and the suction tube + magnet both needed cleaning. I am thinking the 50 hour break in change for the hydro/hydraulic system is not a bad thing, plus they used to preach the 50hr service interval. Me thinks its a "lower TCO" bragging point.

Filter seems well built, nice baseplate, pleats look decent -- maybe a little wavy but not a big concern as the media is wire-backed and seems to be a synthetic media. Not like I have much of a choice anyways as I have never found a cross-reference and Donaldson never replied to me!

Anyrate, enjoy!

IMG_3646.jpeg

IMG_3647.jpeg

IMG_3648.jpeg

IMG_3649.jpeg

IMG_3650.jpeg

IMG_3651.jpeg

IMG_3652.jpeg

IMG_3653.jpeg

IMG_3654.jpeg

IMG_3655.jpeg

Thanks for the cut and post. Looks well made! Dealer service departments for equipment usually know next to nothing about oil and filters. They often just repeat whatever the books say for intervals, and sell whatever bulk oil and filters they can get. Occasionally you will find some who really know their stuff, but those are less common these days.

Use case and storage time/location are important factors, not just hours. 100 hours of mowing/loader work within a few weeks time is a lot different than 100 hours of use over 4 or 5 years on a machine stored outside for example.

there mis lots on stuff in Hydraulic systems that is why there is the pre filter screed. Shared transmission and hydraulic oil is the smaller tractors.

Wow, you don't really expect a lot of debris in hydraulic systems but there was plenty of metal? is it magnetic? Good pics.
Thanks, I will check tomorrow. My thoughts is this is the initial break in. Maybe it trends better as time goes on?

Folks, here is the OE hydro/hydraulic filter off of my 57.1hr 2022 John Deere 1025R. This filter is either unlabeled due to being OE or just covered in black paint... I think the later is the case as it's probably installed then the entire hydro unit is painted. The replacement LVA16054 has Donaldson logos on it, so I am to believe thats the manufacturer.

Few weeks back when purchasing this filter, the local JD Dealer Service Manager was kinda weird with me for wanting to change the filter and Low-Vis Hygard fill on the tractor with only 50hrs. Said don't do it until 200hrs. I am pleased I followed my intuition as this filter was grey with material and the suction tube + magnet both needed cleaning. I am thinking the 50 hour break in change for the hydro/hydraulic system is not a bad thing, plus they used to preach the 50hr service interval. Me thinks its a "lower TCO" bragging point.

Filter seems well built, nice baseplate, pleats look decent -- maybe a little wavy but not a big concern as the media is wire-backed and seems to be a synthetic media. Not like I have much of a choice anyways as I have never found a cross-reference and Donaldson never replied to me!

Anyrate, enjoy!

View attachment 216701
View attachment 216702
View attachment 216703

View attachment 216704

View attachment 216705

View attachment 216706
View attachment 216707

View attachment 216708
View attachment 216709
View attachment 216710

Nice filter. Thank You for great photos and cut and post sir 👍🇺🇸

Thanks, I will check tomorrow. My thoughts is this is the initial break in. Maybe it trends better as time goes on?
It should. Hydraulic systems are kinda like engines. They have a break in to them. Usually not as much as an engine because of the highly precision manufactured parts but you will still get some debris shedding.

Just my $0.02

The link reflects a quick operation and maintenance guide for Yanmar SA series tractors. I know the engine on a SA324/325 and 424/425 is fundamentally the same as in the 1025R JD. I am not sure about the HST tranny. However, Yanmar specifies HST fluid replacement at 50 hours and every 300 hours thereafter. I just crossed 26 hours on our 23 SA425 yesterday and have parts ready for the 50 hour service. Will change the engine oil in the next week and then again during the 50 hour service. Will follow recommended service thereafter other than yearly or sooner engine oil changes.

Update, I still haven't check to see if its magnetic.

But I did mow today and ran the tractor a bit. The hydro is a lot quieter with the new filter, fluid and cleaned suction tube screen. Starting to think the early service is nothing but good.

Back