John Deere 15-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I did it. Filled the crank in my 750 Honda Shadow with this stuff. It works great..I'll never use anything else in the bike. Trans shifts better then with M1 10-40..no clutch slip either.
This is for your info if anyone is wondering about doing it.

Well I have to admit that when I see a Honda Shadow going down the road it does make me think of a John Deere. Especially if it is painted green.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Camu Mahubah
Skunk, I thought you rode a Harley?

I did till I got old and couldn't hold it up anymore. I sold it in June of 06. I rode HD for 25 years and still miss it. The Shadow keeps me in the wind and the wife on my back. (She rides with me 90% of the time.)

It's really a nice bike but the trans is a little weak compared to the HD. This oil makes the shifting feel more solid.

Skunk that oil just like any HDEO will work fine in there,it has low to no Moly and a nice add pack with Zinc,phos,calc. just like a MC needs,there's a VOA floating around here someplace look it up, nice built oil!!!

Originally Posted By: daman
Skunk that oil just like any HDEO will work fine in there,it has low to no Moly and a nice add pack with Zinc,phos,calc. just like a MC needs,there's a VOA floating around here someplace look it up, nice built oil!!!

Ok..I'm probably wrong but...I thought JD diesel oil is different from other diesel oils ..it's rated CI-4/SL ..you can't use it in on road diesel motors. ????????? help

CI-4 **IS** the stuff you want!!! the old good stuff.
actually if you could find ci-4+ (with the plus) that would be a hair better yet.

any of these HDEOs that are ci-4/4+ are great to use!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sunruh
CI-4 **IS** the stuff you want!!! the old good stuff.
actually if you could find ci-4+ (with the plus) that would be a hair better yet.

any of these HDEOs that are ci-4/4+ are great to use!

EXACTLY!!!

Quote:
Well I have to admit that when I see a Honda Shadow going down the road it does make me think of a John Deere. Especially if it is painted green.

Heh-heh.. Good one!!
LOL.gif

Any of the HDEO's seem to work pretty darn well for bikes.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back