Jiffy Lube Synthetic Oil Change - $109.99!

I still say the MityVac is a good solution. Swap the filter every 2nd or 3rd time.
Flip the switch and expel the dirty oil into your recycle container.
Easy peasey. In fact, too easy peasey.
My personal feeling cars with DI leaving the filter behind well in my opionion only add to you fuel dilution problems. I be changing that filter out on every change on my new Mazda.

Thats true, but one thing is when you doing it yourself and care about your car vs some moron working min wage and only learned a week ago how to change oil. Another issue is when you paying dealer prices, you expect someone with auto mechanical training that can spot other issues by quickly looking under car.
They are not making minimum wage. You can't get anyone in this economy to work for minimum wage. That's another falsehood repeated over and over again on this website. The arguments are nonsensical and tiring. You don't know if they are morons or not. I washed dishes for my first job-then retired at 55 because I could. I guess I was probably a moron.

They are not making minimum wage. You can't get anyone in this economy to work for minimum wage. That's another falsehood repeated over and over again on this website. The arguments are nonsensical and tiring.

Its just your opinion, and wages quoted were close to min wage, maybe few bucks more. Jobs that require no expirence do not pay as well as jobs that requite expirence and ASE certifications, its obvious fact. Please go to Jiffy Lube if you love it so much.

My personal feeling cars with DI leaving the filter behind well in my opionion only add to you fuel dilution problems. I be changing that filter out on every change on my new Mazda.
Good point. But the MityVac makes it so easy that you have little excuse to do that oil change. It makes a difference!
I press my friends with the Honda DI cars to bring it to me at 5K intervals. The amount left in the filter is minimal.

Its just your opinion, and wages quoted were close to min wage, maybe few bucks more. Jobs that require no expirence do not pay as well as jobs that requite expirence and ASE certifications, its obvious fact. Please go to Jiffy Lube if you love it so much.
The Federal minimum wage is $7.25-tho some states are higher. The wages quoted were about double that. That's not opinion but fact. It's not a "few bucks more". Your contempt for those starting out is appalling.

The Federal minimum wage is $7.25-tho some states are higher. The wages quoted were about double that. That's not opinion but fact. It's not a "few bucks more". Your contempt for those starting out is appalling.
Ok, so ASE with experience and non-ASE with no experience ewill work for same money, all because of some job post. Wow, ok. Nothing to discuss here then.

Last edited:
Reactions: CKN
Do the research for yourself because you would not believe my sources anyway and I am not wasting my time
What? You make statements of fact and refuse to provide sources? Are you just about complaining or are you actually trying to prove something? How would I find information about your local economy? Mind giving me your address so I can do the research myself?

Suppose you go to WalMart with your oil and filter. How much does it cost to have them change your oil?

Well in Western Washington very few Walmart have an Autocenter anymore. The last time I had a OCI done in a Walmart was at night just outside Rockport, TX they lost my drain pan plug. a 20 minute oil change took 3 hours. I didn't have a clue what happen until I got home and found the cheap china oil plug in place of my stock GM one. No more Walmart OCI for me thank you.

They show me my engine air filter and I say no thank you. I lock my glove box manually with the emergency key and leave the key fob in the vehicle. They cant access the cabin air filter without unlocking the glove box. When I get the bill- under cabin air filter it simply says "N/A". I really don't understand the ability to SAY NO to the upsell. It's not rocket science. If you don't read your owners manual for service intervals on stuff-that's a whole other thread.

I usually don't give them the opportunity to up-sell me in the first place, if you know what I mean.

I am one of those where when the people selling Comcast in Walmart kind of sort of half stand in front of you in the aisle and ask you "Hey who do you have for your internet service" like they just want to have a chat.. I kind of pause for a second and then walk past without saying anything. I also am highly annoyed they even tried it in the first place, and then have to go and find some activities to do before I forget about it. Which could include changing oil.

I still say the MityVac is a good solution. Swap the filter every 2nd or 3rd time.
Flip the switch and expel the dirty oil into your recycle container.
Easy peasey. In fact, too easy peasey.

I think as long as they make a tube thin enough to fit through the dipstick hole which they obviously do then I would be all for giving that a shot.

Especially if they have one that runs off the car cigarette lighter. Or some form of power other than an outlet, for the remote parking lots with no access to a power source. Obviously the engine can't be running while you're changing the oil.

Well the minimum wage as I stated earlier here is $14.25 one of the highest in the nation and I know that that was what they paid as that was what I got on the rental application. He didn't seem to know much about cars and worked some minimum wage job before that, no experience necessary. He didn't last long as a tenant so don't know what happened to him, it was a couple and they broke up after less than a year and he moved out. Had guys that worked at Carmax before too, they made between minimum and $5 over that, a car detailer and a body guy, I guess they fix the dings and dents in house.

Just at toyota dealer,on their service dept. big sign on the wall seen 83.95 oil change plus for 5k conventional,another sign 119.95 oil change plus and 10k synthetic oil.Still DIY here less 30 minutes done plus car never leaves my garage.

Back