Jiffy Lube Synthetic Oil Change - $109.99!

That Denny's place is a ripoff! They want $8 for breakfast. I can buy a dozen eggs and a loaf of bread and I still have bacon in the freezer when I bought it last year for $2..... all for what they want for breakfast! They won't even let me bring in my own eggs anymore! I can serve myself thank you!
Avoid that ripoff Denny's!

That Denny's place is a ripoff! They want $8 for breakfast. I can buy a dozen eggs and a loaf of bread and I still have bacon in the freezer when I bought it last year for $2..... all for what they want for breakfast! They won't even let me bring in my own eggs anymore! I can serve myself thank you!
Avoid that ripoff Denny's!
Not gonna lie, it's a very valid point. But $110 for a vanilla synthetic oil change even in this economy is a bit of a stretch by any standard.

Uber has a “deal” with Jiffy Lube and VIOC from what I read as their driver “perks” which is a small discount. But it’s still too expensive. The smaller mom & pop quick lubes and Oil Changers don’t charge as much - but they pour Castrol/Havoline or Kendall.

The way everything is going up in price I am not surprised quick lubes are going up too. I was just walking thru Walmart yesterday and the ST Synthetic has jumped to $27 a jug form about $19. Washer fluid was over $4 where it used to be $1.50, everything is way high - wipers that used to be $8 are $15. Regular gas is $3.79. Stock up on any good deals you can I guess!

The Valvoline charges $79.00 for six quarts of synthetic and a slight surcharge for the filter element that goes in the cartridge of my wife's 3.3 Santa Fe. The dealer is actually cheaper but requires an across town trip.
That is actually quite reasonable.

Not sure if the work done by many DIYers is much better...
Yes-there are some on come on here and guys say-"it's easy just diy!" Then they come on here after they get themselves in trouble asking how to undo the mess. I have especially have seen this with trying to get the fluid right on sealed transmissions being serviced in their driveway.

Yes-there are some on come on here and guys say-"it's easy just diy!" Then they come on here after they get themselves in trouble asking how to undo the mess. I have especially have seen this with trying to get the fluid right on sealed transmissions being serviced in their driveway.
I suppose maybe there is that occasional (less than 1%) of DIYer who tries to fool with a sealed-for-life automatic transmission... Most do not.

We save quite a bit now. Take 5 charges about 80 per regular and close to 100 for synthetic. It's getting ridiculous.

It cost more than that. You have to add the new oil pan when they strip your threads, don't tell you about it, and Helicoil it as a repair.
That's repeated on here-but it's not true. Dealers, Jiffy Lube Type places, service thousands upon thousands of vehicles without issue. Your statement is just something that's repeated on here so everyone can join hands and sing "kumbaya". Someone who actually worked at a large dealer stated on here mistakes run less than 1 per-cent.

Just called the local quick oil change shop [ affiliated with Valvoline] here in the great white north. Out the door price including tax is $65 for conventional oil n filter change, $105 including tax for synthetic and "premium" filter. At Walmart, Supertech conventional is $17.50 5/litres and syn is $19,50 5/litres. All prices Canadian dollars. Prices are on the rise. Costco has 2X 5 quart jugs of Kirkland 5w30 $44 Canadian. All these prices were lower a month ago. The price difference conv to syn at the oil change shop is the obvious scam. The overhead must be incredible at a shop on the main street. I suppose if we don't like it, we could start our own shops.

Back