Jiffy Lube Synthetic Oil Change - $109.99!

Nearby Jiffy Lube:

$109.99 for 5-quarts of full synthetic (PP at most locations)

Each additional quart is $12.

I recognize that most BITOGers change their own oil and chase sales to save a few dollars on the cost of oil.

This pricing at Jiffy Lube illustrates that we are already saving a significant amount of money by DIYing, regardless of which oil we use. In other words, don't lose too much sleep if you missed a Walmart oil clearance. ;)
Thanks for posting. I had no idea it cost that much. Wow!

Could be their Full Synthetic as well.

People might ask what oil is going in and the attendant will tell them Pennzoil Synthetic. That would be a vague answer for us here but for most people that’s great.

I was responding to the query that appeared to be about what Mobil 1 the GM Dealer was using for the "8 Quart Mobil 1 Full Synthetic Oil Change".

I feel like a scratched record, but I suggest to people to get a MityVac and do your own changes. At least every other one and leave the filter.
MityVac is maybe $120, $25 for 5qts oil. 30 minutes tops; easy peasy.

Or come and see me and we can hang out in the garage and shoot the breeze while performing a simple service.

A friend of mine has one. He has been doing 6 month services using the NAPA Blend he gets when it's on sale. I think he has been using the Fram Ultra for 24 months.

I've been thinking about seeing if we can get the 3 qt of tranny fluid out of my Honda B7XA that way. It sure would make the 3 x 3 Fluid Swap a lot easier to be able to drive it to mix each 3 qt without having to constantly put it on and off the stands.

Last edited:
I wonder which Mobil 1 product they are using?
I'm not that familiar with Mobil products. Here is a picture they have above the prices I posted, maybe you can tell by the pic.

a1219468496.jpg

When I was in college I would pay a Jiffy Lube $20 cash to do an oil change with my supplied oil for my Sti.
$109 for PP is RIDICULOUS. At most they have 8 under tray fasteners and a drain plug.
I can siphon my Gti and replace the filter without ever even bending over.
The irony here is that when you get an OC at Jiffy Lube, you have to bend over.

I'm not that familiar with Mobil products. Here is a picture they have above the prices I posted, maybe you can tell by the pic.

View attachment 91273

Looks like the standard D1G2 like they would use for the 6 qt change. I don't know what would should take 8 other than a C8 but it could be that some of the trucks, Caddies or Camaros could take that. The Delco Synthetic is likely the new D1G3 in bulk (The dealer here has already switched from the D1G2 Blend).

I feel like a scratched record, but I suggest to people to get a MityVac and do your own changes. At least every other one and leave the filter.
MityVac is maybe $120, $25 for 5qts oil. 30 minutes tops; easy peasy.

Or come and see me and we can hang out in the garage and shoot the breeze while performing a simple service.
All I need is a wrench I already own, and I need the exercise of crawling under the car. 😁

I don't think I could pay enough extra to have to worry about what oil and how much they used, and if the filter and drain plug was tight. And if I've got to get under there and check I might as well do it myself.

Actually my thinking says they'd have to save me about 50% versus doing it myself. Hmm. No, still not worth it. They'd have to pay me at least $500 to convince me to allow them to change my oil.
I mostly agree with you. I am 79 years ol with a bad back, and lots of arthritis, so a real pain to get up and down off the floor, but have a nice set of ramps, and a nice warm garage, so I still won't let anybody else change my oil. Well I did let the ford dealer do the free change once, but at the time my friend was doing the lube work there.

My wife’s Suburban is $79.99 for oil change and tire rotation at the Chevy dealer. The C7 Corvette is about $120 I think for an oil change. I change my Raptor myself but it’s pretty quick with the Fumoto and I don’t have to wait or schedule an appointment.

$100 is an appropriate oil price if you get quality oil and very professional service. Anything that sounds very cheap should be considered a suspect and carefully looked at if its not a sham.

I had my oil changed at the GM Quick Lube center. $119 for 7 qts of the spec'd "Dexos D" for my 3.0 Duramax and a tire rotation. Considering it costs me $80 for the oil and filter to DIY it's actually not that unreasonable.

Back