Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT Did Its Job...

... and protected the driver. I do know the driver and he was checked out from the hospital and home, 3 hours after the crash.

No serious injuries. I don't know how the crash happened.

The Jeep was a newer SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee, picture of the Jeep and what the Jeep hit.

Just wow.

Screenshot 2023-03-20 134004.jpg
Screenshot 2023-03-20 134044.jpg

That would likely result on damage to the passenger side.
of course the jeep driver also could have sneezed or drifted left of center.

Not if the Jeep were turning left out of a side street (or driveway) into the path of the truck, who was on the main street approaching from the left.

That would likely result on damage to the passenger side.
of course the jeep driver also could have sneezed or drifted left of center.
I disagree - if the Jeep pulled out in front of a truck that was to his left, it would create exactly that damage pattern. In which case, he is very lucky that he wasn't another ten feet further when the impact occurred.

I disagree - if the Jeep pulled out in front of a truck that was to his left, it would create exactly that damage pattern. In which case, he is very lucky that he wasn't another ten feet further when the impact occurred.

That looked like they were both traveling highway speed to me
So I pictured the jeep making a left in front of semi would be passenger side.

now if he was coming off a side road and making a left infront of the semi to go opposite direction that would be true.
but with the pattern of damage being on the driver side of the cab.. it appears unlikely that it was from a left in front of the semi.

Can you describe how a left turn in front of the semi would produce that damage pattern to the drivers side of the semi cab.. and the driver front of the jeep?

IMO much more likely one of them went left of center.. (not turning)

Looks like a textbook small offset collision.

Not too many people walk away from a head-on with a semi. Your friend is very lucky, and yes, the Jeep did an amazing job. I lost two very good friends to a very similar incident. As @andrew_j mentioned above, they were in a 25 year old F-150.
Well those folded like aluminum foil so no surprise there, how Ford was never actually held accountable for that poor design is beyond me.

Back