Jealously causes evil act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was in high school, I drove the same 1951 Chevy pickup as I do today. I had painted it silver with red scallops back them (high school colors) and it was vandalized at school 2 different times. First was actually a football teammate of mine... dude was just a fat, sloppy, worthless a-hole. His best friend actually ratted him out and he was kicked off the team and charges were filed. Ended up having to re-paint my 2 rear fenders (thankfully nothing else). The second time someone took marker and wrote nasty things all over it. Thankfully, that was fairly easy to get off and didn't do any permanent damage.

It's real interesting how many people here latched onto the class differences.
The poster who mentioned Occupy Wall St. movement was particularly disturbing.
Does all of his thoughts have to be formed by hyped up news stories? Sad really.

NOBODY has any idea what happened.
Plain random vandalism?
Personalized, targeted vandalism?
Retribution for sloppy, mean driving?
Was the car's owner upstairs having sex with some guy's poor sister or ex-girlfriend?
Was the car's owner upstairs helping somebody fix a heater?

Another really stupid thing was the story mentioned that cars can be works of art and are rarely seen on the streets but, "That doesn't give anyone the right to destroy them".
What kind of non-logic is that?
It's like saying the existence of exotic cars doesn't give me the right to practice medicine. Stupidly written non-article.
Bad vandalism.

Since we're doing anecdotes:
Years ago a building's superintendent saw a group of guys snapping off cars' radio antennae as they strolled to college.
The super had just been given a Polaroid SX-70 instant camera. He took pictures as he walked behind the lads to college.
He walked into the dean's office and showed them the pictures and didn't leave until the lads were brought to the office and were matched against the photos.
I was told they were tossed from that college.
I wonder what that looks like on a transcript.

Oh, I suppose they were leftists too. ...do love how the media resurrected the word hippie during that Occupy Wall St. thing....really profound and helpful.

I get a couple of British car magazines, and based on what I've read the class warfare philosophy has really taken hold across the pond. Cars that are priced above average often get vandalized for no reason except that some lazy, shiftless jerk wants one, can't afford it, and is angry because it hasn't been handed to him on a silver platter....

Sometimes I forget that there are places where seeing a car like this is uncommon.

I'm tempted to think girlfriend or wife. Why?

Any of the cops here can tell you that when a crime is committed to such an extreme, there are usually extreme personal emotions involved.

Anything at all is still possible.

Way too much damage on that car for it to be jealousy. Someone was emotional, and MAD!

Originally Posted By: SonofJoe
Do I condone what's been done to this car? No, obviously. Do I understand why someone might have done it? Well yes actually.

Back in the day, it wasn't uncommon for the 'old money', British aristocracy to effect an air of financial modesty & sartorial shabbiness; especially in their dealings with the general public. One might imagine that they were savvy enough to twig that flaunting their best finery in front people who had so little might be seen as provocative. This was completely understandable given that the fabulously wealthy Romanov family had all recently fallen victim to a fatal (and probably much deserved) dose of lead poisoning! It was a telling lesson which our Ruling Classes quickly digested.

However today's rich seem to want absolutely everything exactly the way they like it. They want the freedom to make obscene pots of cash, have low (or no) taxation with the minimum of regulation. If the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, they don't see it as 'their' problem. Well that's all fine with me but for goodness sake have the self-awareness to realise that not everyone is going to see things the way you do! If you walk back to your Lamborghini and someone's redesigned its exterior, well maybe it's God's way of telling you not to be such a bloody show-off...

I hear you Joe...but..what I find so hypocritical is that so many of the rich in America pretend to be "down with the cause" of the poor....they favor divisive policies based on race, ethnicity etc...(just as long as the positions their children covet aren't affected)...They go to their protests, rallies etc...and then return to their gated mansions where they never deal with the people they pretend to support....They keep the masses at each others throats so they are safe. I mentioned Bono in a post a few weeks ago...he's a typical example...always crowing about taking care of the poor while he's welching on paying his taxes....why doesn't he bring some poor people to live in his mansions?

Its hate, simply. It really does not matter why. "Jerk driving", showing off wealth, girlfriend issues, whatever. It hate, and its a crime. No one should try to rationalize the crime to make it somehow "understandable".

Jerk driving? Call the cops. Don't commit a crime by vandalizing the car.
Showing off wealth? Ignore them. Don't commit a crime by vandalizing the car.
Girlfriend issue? Just get away. Don't commit a crime by vandalizing the car.

Originally Posted By: pbm
Do I condone what's been done to this car? No, obviously. Do I understand why someone might have done it? Well yes actually.

Back in the day, it wasn't uncommon for the 'old money', British aristocracy to effect an air of financial modesty & sartorial shabbiness; especially in their dealings with the general public. One might imagine that they were savvy enough to twig that flaunting their best finery in front people who had so little might be seen as provocative. This was completely understandable given that the fabulously wealthy Romanov family had all recently fallen victim to a fatal (and probably much deserved) dose of lead poisoning! It was a telling lesson which our Ruling Classes quickly digested.

However today's rich seem to want absolutely everything exactly the way they like it. They want the freedom to make obscene pots of cash, have low (or no) taxation with the minimum of regulation. If the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, they don't see it as 'their' problem. Well that's all fine with me but for goodness sake have the self-awareness to realise that not everyone is going to see things the way you do! If you walk back to your Lamborghini and someone's redesigned its exterior, well maybe it's God's way of telling you not to be such a bloody show-off...

I hear you Joe...but..what I find so hypocritical is that so many of the rich in America pretend to be "down with the cause" of the poor....they favor divisive policies based on race, ethnicity etc...(just as long as the positions their children covet aren't affected)...They go to their protests, rallies etc...and then return to their gated mansions where they never deal with the people they pretend to support....They keep the masses at each others throats so they are safe. I mentioned Bono in a post a few weeks ago...he's a typical example...always crowing about taking care of the poor while he's welching on paying his taxes....why doesn't he bring some poor people to live in his mansions?

Please don't get me started on Bono! If I knew for sure that this Lamborghini belonged to Saint Bono, not only would I condone the act but I'd buy they bloke who did it a pint!

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Its hate, simply. It really does not matter why. "Jerk driving", showing off wealth, girlfriend issues, whatever. It hate, and its a crime. No one should try to rationalize the crime to make it somehow "understandable".

Agreed.

I'm not rich (you can see that by the vehicles in my signature, lol)... but if people that hated rich people would spend half as much time and effort working harder instead of [censored] and moaning they might make some progress towards being rich.

Best comment ever! I rented a 4 bedroom townhouse to a family for over 10 years. In 10 years I raised the rent from $800 per month to $845 per month. The wife chewed me out and said " I was a wealthy guy taking advantage of the little people " Her husband made 50K per year as a forklift driver and they blew it all on drugs, name brand booze, and smokes. The insults got so frequent that I gave them notice to move. They had so much [censored] hoarded that they had to rent a 30 cubic yard dumpster. I was left with a filthy, trashed rental but the silence was lovely. A rental service handles tenant complaints now, I am just the maintenance man :)

Originally Posted By: gfh77665

There is no justification for vandalizing anyone's property, no matter what it is, or what they did...

You have the poor me, persecuted, class-envy mantra down pat.

Anyone who has had some success, HAS to have had it handed to them, eh?

Maybe they worked extremely hard, took some risks, went to work even when it was a little chilly out, and are enjoying the fruits of their labor...

02SE,

Those AMG Benz do have AWD, heated seats and steering wheel for the very cold days the owner has to drive to work. Their Gulfstream 650 was grounded due to poor winter weather conditions.

Originally Posted By: O2SE

Maybe they worked extremely hard, took some risks, went to work even when it was a little chilly out, and are enjoying the fruits of their labor...

Oh dear! Who's Mr Grumpy today then? Did the bad man's bad words upset you? Why don't you have a really good cry and then you'll feel a lot better....

Please don't get me started on Bono! If I knew for sure that this Lamborghini belonged to Saint Bono, not only would I condone the act but I'd buy they bloke who did it a pint!

Real impressive. You would reward a cowardly vandal.

Originally Posted By: 02SE

I'm with you on the second part.

I recently spoke to a detractor of my alleged "style", and I made him a fair offer:

Come back in time with me to the day I had to remove 8 maxi-cans from two stuck trailers with hand tools while lying in 6" of water, and help me do them, and then I would be happy to listen to his criticisms.

Originally Posted By: 02SE

Real impressive. You would reward a cowardly vandal.

You're living proof that you should never buy your brain in a Walmart clearance sale...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back