This oil filter article popped up today... rankings...

I got a headache reading that columnist. There are one after another claims that are not true. Here's just one ridiculous claim...

"If there's a knock on the Purolator design, it's that the density of the filter media causes reduced oil flow, which makes the filters generally unsuitable for high-performance"

This is a money grab article with no real research. Which unfortunately is all too common.

I always like articles with "best" in their titles. "Best" in what regard?

This article is pretty vague, and if you ask me and it reads like an editorial article. It's the opinion of the writer and they often speak in generalities and not specifics.

To me, this article has little to offer those of us here on this forum.

:)

Ed

This article is pretty vague, and if you ask me and it reads like an editorial article. It's the opinion of the writer and they often speak in generalities and not specifics.

Ed
My reason posting it is for entertainment and discussion. No other reason. I will say myself what happened 8 months ago in the oil filter industry is pretty much moot these days.

I got a headache reading that columnist. There are one after another claims that are not true. Here's just one ridiculous claim...

"If there's a knock on the Purolator design, it's that the density of the filter media causes reduced oil flow, which makes the filters generally unsuitable for high-performance"

This is a money grab article with no real research. Which unfortunately is all too common.
I didn't read that far..lol
But I agree with you. The Purolator filters have a fail safe mode in case that should happen. The pleats tear allowing for unobstructed flow.. 😁 😀 yes I am going now

Ed
Another counterpoint.
The brain trust here can't even come to a unanimous decision on excess oil filter glue.
If we took the top ten oil filter people here and wrote an article like the above it would be poo pooed by the general population.
You know it.
Brand loyalty and cheapness rule the day.
Again I found it but didn't read much of it either..why? Just like you said 😆

I didn't read that far..lol
But I agree with you. The Purolator filters have a fail safe mode in case that should happen. The pleats tear allowing for unobstructed flow.. 😁 😀 yes I am going now
Not anything against you posting it and it's just my observation. And Boss's don't tear. 😜

How many folks here remember the toilet paper oil filter from the 70's. No kidding. You could add an oil filter assembly which used a roll of toilet paper. Where would that rank on the list? Is Charmin better than Cottonelle?

Not anything against you posting it and it's just my observation. And Boss's don't tear. 😜
In my day the only parts store was 20 miles away. Pep Boys. About all they sold were Purolator in the 70-80s
Oil filters, air, pvc valves etc. I used a ton of Purolator stuff back then.. never blew up anything.

How many folks here remember the toilet paper oil filter from the 70's. No kidding. You could add an oil filter assembly which used a roll of toilet paper. Where would that rank on the list? Is Charmin better than Cottonelle?
I remember them but was bothered by them as toilet paper was dusty as all get out. JC Whitney sold those kits too.

Judged by whether or not there is "residue" left on the bearing surfaces after filtration, no doubt. Or asking the bearings which filter generates the softest oil.

Don't read AI garbage. Just don't.

"AMSOIL oil filters are made by Champion Laboratories......................... AMSOIL filters are made by Baldwin ..................."

It's just a bunch of gobbledygook cobbled together. No MSN loafing slug or kiped author from some other useless rag has enough ambition to write even that much.

Appears to be an advertising or Google search priority driven article. First topic mentions the terrible Fram "Double Guard" which has been out of production for many years. :eek:

The internet is becoming increasingly useless. You can't hardly search anything anymore and get a straight, accurate answer from somebody who isn't trying to sell you something or has an agenda. :(

Where do I get that baby blue filter? I WANT ONE!

The transmission filter on my 6.0l is named the toilet paper filter lol although it looks like a roll it's not literally.

Back