JD coolgard II vs Peak 10x

Been looking at these two coolants.

What bothers me about the Peak (OWI) 10x is that they don't give any information on it. No ASTM testing data etc. Only that it is free of 2-eha and meets ASTM 3306 which is the basic coolant standard for light duty engines.

I emailed their tech support about and published ASTM test results and haven't had an answer in 48 hours.

The JD CoolGard II seems like the best thing formulated for older leaded brass/iron/aluminum engines. Changing out IAT coolant every 2 years is getting expensive.

Not sure I'd use tractor coolant in a modern car engine. Or any car engine for that matter.
It’s far more robust stuff than anything else. Designed for a range of scenarios and applications. But the metal erosion and compatibility numbers are really the best indicator.

Pray tell how a modern emissions controlled diesel used in a tractor is different than any other engine..

What bothers me about the Peak (OWI) 10x is that they don't give any information on it. No ASTM testing data etc. Only that it is free of 2-eha and meets ASTM 3306 which is the basic coolant standard for light duty engines.

I emailed their tech support about and published ASTM test results and haven't had an answer in 48 hours.

The JD CoolGard II seems like the best thing formulated for older leaded brass/iron/aluminum engines. Changing out IAT coolant every 2 years is getting expensive.
I’m sure the Peak product is good and well tested. They aren’t some fly by night. I’m not sure what other test or certification parameters might be more stringent than 3306.

That said, I can get the JD product reasonably cheap and shipped to my door, so I feel it is the superior product and a great option for many applications.

Ive always used Peak coolants, for several decades actually.

But the black hole of information is leading me toward Valvoline coolants. V publishes all their ASTM test results for their rainbow of coolant offerings.

Drain, Flush, swap to an ELC if you don’t want to change coolants regularly.

Back