It's China again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Quote:

It's very hard to ride ramrod on a herd of nearly 1 billion people.

Almost 1.4 billion people, actually.

Well, that's a horse of a different color. It appears that between India and China we're at nearly 1/2 of the population (not anally calculated to the final decimal
tongue.gif
). I then raise my Saberhaben to Roddenberry:Kodos.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's very hard to ride ramrod on a herd of nearly 1 billion people.

Almost 1.4 billion people, actually.

Did I already mention breeding?

BTW My plan is Freudian.

For years news reports mention China is trying to limit family size. Females are being aborted at a higher rate than males . Now that brings up the gay bomb as an idea for a military defense to save the world....What would casualties from "friendly" fire mean then?

Same reason you only buy Australian seafood here. Ex workmates brother works for Fisheries. Prawns from say Woolies have enough anti-biotics in them to euthanase a horse. Don't even think about buying Basa

I hate to say it but I would not let give my child any painted wood toys(blocks) made in China for this very reason. I ended up spending about 4 times the cost on Haba toys/blocks(West German).

Now at 17 months she has moved on from putting anything in her mouth lessening the concern.

I just read today that even Twinkies have Chinese ingredients :

Quote:

Although eight of the ingredients in the beloved little snack cake come from domestic corn and three from soybeans, there are others -- including thiamine mononitrate -- that come from petroleum. Chinese petroleum. Chinese refineries and Chinese factories. And there are other unexpected ingredients that are much harder to trace. So much for the great "All-American" snack food.

frown.gif

That explains why the multi-B vitamins I used to buy in Canada now make me sick. I'm not sure what country they come from, but there's something toxic in them, wihch makes my throat red and sore. I had good luck with ones I bought in the US, but I've run out.

LTV: looks like it's time to start injecting some local petroleam products instead.....or maybe ethanol so we can reduce the dependence on foreign cupcakes

oilyriser,
with modern agriculture/processing requiring 5 times the caloric intake of the food that actually makes it to the table, maybe eating oil isn't that bad. (need to take a decent multi-vitamin 'though)

Quote:

Quote:

China has much the same mentality as the Nazi Third Reich! THey belive they are the master race and are destined to rule the world. I will find out the term they use for it from my father.

John I don't know where you got this kind of info about chinese from but I can tell you that most chinese would be proud of our 5000 years history. However, modern chinese people(in mainland, Hong Kong, Taiwan) never have the same mentality as the Nazi Third Reich, at least since the last century. We don't think that we are the master race and are destined to rule the world.

For those chinese people who make poison goods, illegal copies, blame them hard and I do as a chinese. I konw this is an american forum but making fun or insult on race(any) is really bad for discussions or debate.

Maybe the term could be "manifest destiny"?
Oh, right, that was from another self-impressed group of people.
There have been others, Britih Empire, Spanish, Russians,Japanese, etc.....

rafter4.jpg

Quote:

Tippy 'canoe': In a rafting contest in Zunyi, China, kids must paddle a 33-foot-long bamboo pole that is so narrow, they have to do splits to maintain their balance.

Even more deadly products:

Fatal Crash Prompts Distributor to Press for Chinese Tire Recall

Quote:

... estimated 450,000 light truck tires sold under the names Westlake, Telluride, Compass and YKS after the company allegedly learned that the manufacturer, the Hangzhou Zhongce Rubber Company, had left a critical
component out of the tire. But the number of defective tires could be much higher, FTS told NHTSA, because Hangzhou has refused to specifically identify by Tire Identification Number, which tires are missing or were
built with an insufficient gum strip - - a feature that helps to keep the tire belts from separating.

The Hangzhou tires join tainted pet food, lead-coated children's toys and toxic toothpaste as some of the latest Chinese imports deemed hazardous to American consumers. According to the New York Times, Chinese products now account for 60 percent of all product recalls today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back