'Italian tune-up' on a GDI engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
considering the high cost of cars + trucks being worse we should not be the beta testers, NO DI for me!!

Originally Posted by FordCapriDriver
Nope, in fact there is a video from a Youtube channel called Engineering Explained where actually he found out some studies that show that it can actually make the deposits worse.
GDI is just junk, i wouldn't want one if you gave it to me for free...

I don't know about GDI being junk, I've had too many of them problem free to make that statement. My current F150 has 375 horsepower and 470 lbs/ft of torque from 213 cu in.
Not sure I could get that kind of performance out of port fuel or a carburetor.
Never had a valve deposit problem with any of them.

Originally Posted by benjy
considering the high cost of cars + trucks being worse we should not be the beta testers, NO DI for me!!

You have know idea how comforting it is to know I will never see you driving a car I might choose to own.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Originally Posted by FordCapriDriver
Nope, in fact there is a video from a Youtube channel called Engineering Explained where actually he found out some studies that show that it can actually make the deposits worse.
GDI is just junk, i wouldn't want one if you gave it to me for free...

Please, tell us how you really feel about GDI

Never mind GDI, he probably doesn't like fuel injection either.
wink.gif

I admit to being a bit concerned that the Titan has GDI, pulled the PCV lines recently and they're dry inside so feeling a little better about it.

I do, but it's not by choice. I have to wring out the 3cyl turbo in my focus on on-ramps so I can get onto the highway at a decent speed.

For what it's worth, I'm around 185K miles on my turbo-GDI. I've had to replace the PCV valve once, but that's because sometimes I idle the car for hours when I sleep in it on super cold nights on roadtrips. $45 and 30 minutes later and no PCV issues since.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back