Is this standard operating procedure for Ford Dealer?

I'd suggest waiting for their black friday annual $1k rebate if you can.

They give a $1000 rebate on all cars, and in certain states with odd laws (Texas), they can't discount cars so they just mailed me a check.

We took out a small note on the Escape when we get that paid off, we will buy another vehicle for my wife on black friday next year.

These experiences mirror a lot of my experiences with Ford dealers as well. I've bought many new fords in my time and will never buy another Ford. I've also had a Honda and now a Nissan, it's not even funny how much better they've been.

Ford has permanently lost me as a new vehicle customer, and I'll never step foot in any of their dealerships again. I'm not even 40 yet.

As a foreigner, living in US for 20 years: America is a conformist society. The OP is being praised for being patient and maintaining his cool, while being phaked in all holes.....Unreal... This is why customer service culture is indeed dieing. The suckers will put up with anything and then be praised for doing it in an "admirable" manner!

Last edited:
I couldn't get past the $69 diagnostic fee and being told that you couldn't have the car until it was paid. I would have had the police called on me at that point.

Originally Posted by ZebRuaj
Originally Posted by roadrunner1
The whole issue should have been taken care of with the company that sold the car to the OP.

Yep, that's what I would've done. Left the car with Carvana, but i'm not sure how they function since they are a vehicle vending machine.

And your experience is sounds typical when there are multiple hands involved. No one wants to pay. And no one wants to do the work.

This ^^

As much as the Ford dealer sounds like a bunch of incompetents, it really isn't 100% on them. They didn't sell the vehicle, and really have nothing to do with it. From their standpoint, the vehicle is just like any other customer coming in to have something diagnosed regardless of who is paying for the repair. Granted, $70 to tell someone a shift boot is torn is insanity, but it is what it is. The real problem is with Carvana and the warranty company. They should have handled everything for you, not made you run around in circles to fix an issue. The correct answer would have been "we will fix the shift boot for you at your convenience" and directed you to a shop (Ford dealer or indy) when the part arrived to have it replaced at their expense.

This is the very reason places like Carvana don't work well, because when issues come up there is not a defined process to resolve an issue, or at least if there is one, nobody who works there seems to know what it is.

Originally Posted by vivaUkraine
As a foreigner, living in US for 20 years: America is a conformist society. The OP is being praised for being patient and maintaining his cool, while being phaked in all holes.....Unreal... This is why customer service culture is indeed dieing. The suckers will put up with anything and then be praised for doing it in an "admirable" manner!

Yes, many times, but not most of the time people here will tolerate the most ridiculous treatment and not bat an eyelash. That's not me, and I'm a
born and raised US citizen with family being here since the mid 1800s.

Originally Posted by AC1DD
Originally Posted by vivaUkraine

Yes, many times, but not most of the time people here will tolerate the most ridiculous treatment and not bat an eyelash. That's not me, and I'm a
born and raised US citizen with family being here since the mid 1800s.

Friend, and as you know, the alliance of corporate mafia, payrolled politicians, and neo-Marxists are busy replacing people like you. Just sad.

If you reread comments in this thread, half of the people have given up and accepted, begrudgingly this new reality, the other half outright defend the dealer.... Mind boggling. Bunch of losers

Back