Is there any amsoil bypass vs frantz TP bypass

Just about any typical brand name BP system will do a fine job at reducing particulate load over long OCIs.
I don't know of any true, unbiased study that would idicate one better than another. Especially when "better" is a very subjective term.
Ok true to that I’m just guessing the all perform about the same. And the data is in the oil analysis. So running something is better then nothing. I’m already running a amsoil bypass 110 I was just wondering if I should be using something else.

Ok true to that I’m just guessing the all perform about the same. And the data is in the oil analysis. So running something is better then nothing. I’m already running a amsoil bypass 110 I was just wondering if I should be using something else.
Not really. What kind of analysis are you running?

A PC (particle count) oil analysis will show the reduction of particulate in the oil; that would be beneficial.

I've studied BP effects in use, and compared/contrasted those to marketing claims, and come to the conclusion that ALL of the decent brands (Amsoil, Frantz, FS2500, etc) do a very good job of reducing particulate matter above 3um in size with excellent efficiency, and that is of a size that is essentially harmless to an engine. So essentially, the "performance" of the BP filter is assured. Therefore you should use other criteria to make a product selection. Initial cost of system, maintenance cost of elements, size/fit for your application, ease of getting replacement elements, etc. Take into account all these and then weigh them to your own personal needs.

A PC (particle count) oil analysis will show the reduction of particulate in the oil; that would be beneficial.

I've studied BP effects in use, and compared/contrasted those to marketing claims, and come to the conclusion that ALL of the decent brands (Amsoil, Frantz, FS2500, etc) do a very good job of reducing particulate matter above 3um in size with excellent efficiency, and that is of a size that is essentially harmless to an engine. So essentially, the "performance" of the BP filter is assured. Therefore you should use other criteria to make a product selection. Initial cost of system, maintenance cost of elements, size/fit for your application, ease of getting replacement elements, etc. Take into account all these and then weigh them to your own personal needs.
Yes it can. I’ve just rarely if ever seen people post such an analysis here, and with history for comparison.

I had a Frantz on a Peugeot 403 and the oil never got dirty looking I was surprised at how well it worked. Internals were clean when I did a valve adjustment. I had to do the adjustment twice. On my first attempt I assumed that number one cylinder was at the front of the car on the inline 4 cyl motor. WRONG!! Number one is the rear cylinder. French have their own way.

It doesn't come apart at all. I have a TP bypass filter (Motorguard) in the coolant system on my truck, and it just works.

I think that we tend not to see any before/after comparisons regarding the effectiveness of bypass filters because very few run a baseline analysis on their oil. I know I didn't start taking samples for analysis until after I'd got by oil bypass filter installed.

I've seen many before/after UOAs and PCs regarding BP systems.

In short-to-moderate OCIs, you'll never discern a significant wear difference, mainly because there's just not enough large particles in the sump to induce a discernable shift in wear. Even the infamous GM filter study (SAE 88-1825; which nearly every BP filter study claims as their "proof") admitted that normal OCIs won't ever produce enough wear differential to be noticable; a fact that gets glossed over in just about every BP marketing brochure.

However, in long OCIs, as the particulate loading increases, and the soot has a chance to amalgamate, it can make a big difference; it is statisitically significant. It is very worthwhile to use a BP system if you intend to run long OCIs.

Summary:
Short-to-moderate OCIs; BP systems are a waste of money.
Long OCIs; BP systems are a very good value and provide a very tangible benefit.

It doesn't come apart at all. I have a TP bypass filter (Motorguard) in the coolant system on my truck, and it just works.

I think that we tend not to see any before/after comparisons regarding the effectiveness of bypass filters because very few run a baseline analysis on their oil. I know I didn't start taking samples for analysis until after I'd got by oil bypass filter installed.
the only thing that is questionable about Frantz is that it looks like TP, I'm always worried about the filter media breaking apart and clogging oil galleries. I'm probably wrong but just a theory I have in my head.
I second what Mike says. I run these on every vehicle I own and have never had an issue with the media breaking apart. On my F350 I run 3, engine lube, transmission, and fuel.:)

Starting a new one this Spring.:) 1947 Diamond T on a Ford F550 Chassis and powered by a Detroit 4-53T Silver.:)
Is the Silver line similar to the 8V 92 Silver series? While I detest the 2 stroke Detroits, [having them in freight trucks] The 8V 92 in the [I think ] 365 and 430 hp were wonderful to drive. Post pictures !!!!

Is the Silver line similar to the 8V 92 Silver series? While I detest the 2 stroke Detroits, [having them in freight trucks] The 8V 92 in the [I think ] 365 and 430 hp were wonderful to drive. Post pictures !!!!
Yes, the 4-53T Silver Series was introduced in the mid to late 80's. They took what they learned from the 92 and 71 series and modified the 4-53T. I run one daily in my F350 and a really nice engine.:)

the only thing that is questionable about Frantz is that it looks like TP, I'm always worried about the filter media breaking apart and clogging oil galleries. I'm probably wrong but just a theory I have in my head.
Back in the late 70's, when I was living in the dorms at college, we bought several Frantz filters. They DO look like toilet paper rolls, but they can't be unwound.

We waited until the night of an Animal House level drunken party, and replaced all the toilet paper rolls in the bathroom with Frantz filters.

Several people were convinced that they were too drunk to unroll toilet paper!

😂😂😂😂😂

Frantz filter i had 15ish years ago took toilet paper. Was a lady near Boise that ran the company out of her house, taken over from her Dad.

Other than stuff with large capacities and trying to get more life out of it to save money, it's probably not going to pay for itself.

IE a truck with 10 gallon oil sump makes sense where a car with 1.25 gallons probably nit.

Back