Is there an PCMO that you said you'd never buy again.

Non Synthetic motor oil, synthetic is so cheap nowadays and the cars I run are modern not worth the $3 I’d ever save. I also have a thing against Castrol because of their semi synth as full synth malarkey but I’d probably run it if it was the only thing around and it’s good oil if Bugatti trusts them.

Since you asked, Quaker State. In the early 80`s QS ruined a perfectly fine Chevy 6 cyl when the oil turned almost solid at 26 below 0. We were two hours from home at FIL house. He said he had torches and suggested heating the pan which allowed the oil pressure to come up to normal. Had the oil changed at an indy shop the sent a sample to a local heavy equipment shop who called me at home and said to immediately shut down the engine. I called QS and they sent out their insurance Rep who said these Chevys all rap on start up. Sent a letter to QS and said I`d advertise for them forever. 10 years or so later my Dad came over to have me listen to the 454 in his Suburban which had two noisy lifters. He always used QS so we drained and refilled with Valvoline 10 30. The noise went away in about two minutes. BTW I still have the 1977 250 in a corner of the barn.

Since you asked, Quaker State. In the early 80`s QS ruined a perfectly fine Chevy 6 cyl when the oil turned almost solid at 26 below 0. We were two hours from home at FIL house. He said he had torches and suggested heating the pan which allowed the oil pressure to come up to normal. Had the oil changed at an indy shop the sent a sample to a local heavy equipment shop who called me at home and said to immediately shut down the engine. I called QS and they sent out their insurance Rep who said these Chevys all rap on start up. Sent a letter to QS and said I`d advertise for them forever. 10 years or so later my Dad came over to have me listen to the 454 in his Suburban which had two noisy lifters. He always used QS so we drained and refilled with Valvoline 10 30. The noise went away in about two minutes. BTW I still have the 1977 250 in a corner of the barn.
What was the grade of the Quaker State you were using at -26?

Quaker State blended a large batch with some bad additive that got out in the winter of 1980-81. It jelled badly at moderately cold temperatures, and a lot of engines blew. They made good on repairs and replacements on many, including my stepmother's.
I wouldn't use Quaker State because they were the competition, until they weren't. Then I got a bunch of free cases (30-40, I don't remember) of full synthetic. When we had five cars in the family, that came in handy. I'm still using it in one car.

Quaker State blended a large batch with some bad additive that got out in the winter of 1980-81. It jelled badly at moderately cold temperatures, and a lot of engines blew. They made good on repairs and replacements on many, including my stepmother's.
I wouldn't use Quaker State because they were the competition, until they weren't. Then I got a bunch of free cases (30-40, I don't remember) of full synthetic. When we had five cars in the family, that came in handy. I'm still using it in one car.
And was part of what led to the subsequent revision to SAE J300 to better characterize the behavior of oil at low temperatures. Thanks for that link.

And was part of what led to the subsequent revision to SAE J300 to better characterize the behavior of oil at low temperatures. Thanks for that link.
You're welcome. That article reveals only the beginning of what became a much larger problem for Quaker State. They never blended untested additives again.

Well.....had one oil guzzler in the past...

So I tested plenty of cheap oils with it....from Elf 5w50....to Shell hx7 10w40 to SHU 5w40 to both Valvoline durablend 10w40 & maxlife 15w40....

Shell was the best.... Elf well now I know why I dont want/like oils with to wide spread...

BUT the worst by a great margin was maxlife 15w40.....I had to top up that oil 2-3times per week...(I want my oil to be on MAX)

I dumped the rest of the jug into my, OPE...and even there it was a, disaster because my lawnmover was smoking with it (didnt with Shell)...

15w40 @PCMO level (HDEO is diferent thing)....is just cheap reused junk....

So is there a Maxlife 15W40 PCMO for the European market, in the US the only 15W40 maxlife is an HDEO, I do believe it is dual rated SN/CK-4 though.

Back