Is there an PCMO that you said you'd never buy again.

Conventional or semi-synthetic oil. It's the golden age for full synthetic oils, and I'm gonna keep using them. It's hard for me to say I won't use certain brands.

I will never ever buy a PCMO of lesser quality than the the current Euro 0W40 offerings
I've seen others tout this as well, particularly Mobil 1 0W-40. Is this generally a good replacement for manufacturer-recommended 5W-30?

Autozone or Napa house brand oil. I will not buy those because of now rudely I have been treated wearing my work shirt in their stores.

Carquest/advance is usually super nice and offers me a job. So I'd buy their stuff no problem
Hmm, interesting reply … I’m wearing a fishing shirt when the Napa guys are rude.
(figured Im not one of the big commercial accounts) …

I kinda hate BP , so I try to avoid Castrol.
I have a neighbor probably in his late 70s, I don't think he'd ever buy Quaker State again, he used it back in the 70s and it sludged up his engines pretty good, he seemed unaware that Quaker State is now owned by SOPUS and that the quality of motor oil overall is so much better now than it was back then, He was an avid Valvoline guy, he decided to start using Pennzoil high mileage recently.

I kinda hate BP , so I try to avoid Castrol.
I have a neighbor probably in his late 70s, I don't think he'd ever buy Quaker State again, he used it back in the 70s and it sludged up his engines pretty good, he seemed unaware that Quaker State is now owned by SOPUS and that the quality of motor oil overall is so much better now than it was back then, He was an avid Valvoline guy, he decided to start using Pennzoil high mileage recently.

Kinda hate, that’s interesting. Just kidding

Well, to never buy it again would insinuate that I've bought it before, which I refuse to do. I'll never buy SuperTECH. Not because it's a bad oil or anything, in fact I've heard the opposite from most folks, but I really try to limit how much I have to shop at Walmart and I avoid all Walmart/Great Value products.
Over the last 3.5 years or so I’ve noticed a very big swing towards US, Canadien, and European manufacturing for Great Value products that used to be made in China. I’ll buy their products as long as they are not made in China or some other commie country. To my knowledge, all the SuperTech products are made in the US.

I personally avoid Royal Purple PCMO. Their API licensed products are overpriced for what they are. I do however like their High Performance Street line (not API licensed) for some of my small equipment.

Any oil I have bought in the past I would use again. Was not crazy about the UOA I had with Royal Purple, and would not buy it for full price (or even half price).
I would never buy generic gas station oil or the dollar brand oils with questionable ratings.
Never been "burned" buy any major oil maker.

Honestly I won't use Castrol Euro again. Engine ran louder then others I had used and it just didn't seem right. I'm sure it was fine but there's plenty of other options

RP API - mediocre UOA and I had better results with Pennzoil for less money.

I usually stay away from store brand oil unless it’s made by Warren that’s the only time I buy it and that’s in an emergency. Also gas station oil my automotive teacher in high school always told us to stay away from that.

I won’t buy Royal Purple ever again..and it has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the oil.

It’s because I changed the oil in my daughters mustang when she was home from college for Thanksgiving a few years ago. A drunk driver crossed the center line and killed her an hour after I changed it. I won’t go near it now.
Not related but after I found my wife dead in the tub 3 years ago from a brain aneurysm.... I refused to go into the bathroom ever again ....i sold the house 2 years later. I shut the bathroom door and never looked inside again.

Arco Graphite, I'm pretty sure it caused an oiling supply issue which developed into a cold start rod knock.

Not related but after I found my wife dead in the tub 3 years ago from a brain aneurysm.... I refused to go into the bathroom ever again ....i sold the house 2 years later. I shut the bathroom door and never looked inside again.

That's horrible...I'm sorry for your loss

I have no intention of using 5w20 viscosity oil again unless absolutely necessary and convenient. I have found 0w20 to be a superior performing viscosity oil in applications recommending 5w20.

Citgo. Never bought it but never will, since Venezula is a dictatorship.

Best to be informed completely on such matters.

Back