Is there an PCMO that you said you'd never buy again.

I don't think I've ever said that, but my old man swore he'd never use Quaker State. I had no prob with it.

Well, to never buy it again would insinuate that I've bought it before, which I refuse to do. I'll never buy SuperTECH. Not because it's a bad oil or anything, in fact I've heard the opposite from most folks, but I really try to limit how much I have to shop at Walmart and I avoid all Walmart/Great Value products.

I guess this is close as I can get... it would be Formula Shell.

I ran several UOA's on it, and there's a reason why they sell it for $1.99 a quart on sale. It's not related to Rotella in any way.... it is not even a distant relative...

Sorry that I actually ran UOA's on an oil... instead of being biased just beacuse Wal-Mart sells SuperTech as a private label product.

I won’t ever buy city star or bulls eye brand oil or no name gas station brand oil. Saw some gnarly VOA’s of that “swill”. Wouldn’t even use it in a lawnmower

Reactions: JC1
So in other words a virtue signaling response.
However you want to see things. That said, I don't think you understand fully what "virtue signaling" is.

virtue signaling
[ vur-choo sig-nl-ing ]SHOW IPA
noun Sometimes Disparaging.
the sharing of one's point of view on a social or political issue, often on social media, in order to garner praise or acknowledgment of one’s righteousness from others who share that point of view, or to passively rebuke those who do not:

I don't care what people think about what I do. I was simply answering the question and giving a reason why. It's good to see you in another thread though where you provide nothing on-topic. In such a crazy world, it's good to see that some things don't change.

For conventional oil, I will only use 'top-tier' name brands like Pennzoil, Castrol, or Valvoline. For synthetic, does it matter?

I won’t buy Royal Purple ever again..and it has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the oil.

It’s because I changed the oil in my daughters mustang when she was home from college for Thanksgiving a few years ago. A drunk driver crossed the center line and killed her an hour after I changed it. I won’t go near it now.

I won’t buy Royal Purple ever again..and it has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the oil.

It’s because I changed the oil in my daughters mustang when she was home from college for Thanksgiving a few years ago. A drunk driver crossed the center line and killed her an hour after I changed it. I won’t go near it now.
No parent should have to endure the death of a child. I don't know what else to say.
I wouldn't go near RP again either.

So very sorry to hear of your loss.

I grew up in a Pennzoil family. Always used PYB. I personally had 2 engine failures (spun bearing) and a few family members had as well over the years. I've steered clear of Pennzoil ever since. Was the oil a cause of the failures? Probably not...but I haven't spun a bearing since.

I used Mobil 1 when it first came out and had high oil consumption in a fleet of work vehicles. That was decades ago and it has changed many times since then but I just never bought it again. That's about the only oil I don't buy. Don't hate it but don't buy it either.

Autozone or Napa house brand oil. I will not buy those because of now rudely I have been treated wearing my work shirt in their stores.

Carquest/advance is usually super nice and offers me a job. So I'd buy their stuff no problem

Oil I’d never buy again? The next new thing at full retail.

On a serious note, probably Smitty’s Super S. Ran 20qts worth through a Monte Carlo only to discover PQIA tested it (with the last of my stash in the sump) and find some attributes out of spec. That and the troubles Smitty’s has had since then makes me no longer interested in their products.

Last edited:
Holy holy cow man...

Yeah I certainly understand why you associate that.

Bless you and your family.

Back