Is there a FAQ about GC somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used the search function and of course seen the two stickies at the top of the forum.

I've gathered so far that the numbers on the bottom of the bottles indicate the year they were made, and that the older stuff is greenish, and at some point in the past they switched to brown/gold.

Is there a comprehensive list of which codes correspond to which properties? How many times has the actual formulation changed?

Last night I bought some bottles, and there was one that was so old it was still made in the USA (white and red label). I bought it just as a curiosity. What's the quality like on those?

I also saw some Katrina bottles, and it was cool seeing them IRL after seeing pics on here.

Anyway I am a young Padawan in search of further information. Please guide me.

Here you go, found this post by browsing back in this forum a few pages...

quote:

Originally posted by audi_guy:
You want to check the batch code on the bottom of the bottle. Known good batch numbers for GC green are from M02xxxxxxx, M03xxxxxx, M04xxxxx, and M0501xxxxx. Early M02 are US made and have 0w30 labels that are black letters on a yellow background. Avoid those. On the good ones, 0w30 label should be red background with black letters. They should have "Made in Germany" on the back label. Batch numbers M0502xxxxx and later are Gold color and the jury is still out as to whether it is as good as the green. There are some post in this topic that has more specific batch numbers. Here's a link to what the bottle and oil looks like.

Happy Hunting....
http://home.comcast.net/~dsmphotos/gcdial/gcdial.html

Source:
http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=51;t=000616

OK, I get it. So green is known to be good and the jury's still out on the gold.

I can't imagine that the newer stuff would be WORSE than the older stuff.

I guess the one US made one will stay on my shelf as a curiosity.

quote:

US made one will stay on my shelf as a curiosity

Use it in your lawn mower.
grin.gif

Nice picture of the GREEN GC! Anybody have pictures of how the GOLD GC looks like? M0502xxxx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back