Is Mobil 1 the new "red headed step-child"??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be just old antiquated software, it would be nice to be able to actually search?

M1 5w-30 shears badly, on my Tundra at around 3k it turned to water, I wont use it (5w-30 M1) again. maybe thats why its taking a beating, and its group 3 now.

Yes, the search feature is easy to figure out.....but it blows compared to your typical phpbb board search.

Oh Boy...

I didn't mean to get eveyones panties in a bunch over the search options here.
pat2.gif

I'm just tired of reading the somewhat-same Mobil-1 threads repeatedly. Good oil -- just lousy folks there when you need a straight-face/honest answer.

Quote:

Oh Boy...

I didn't mean to get eveyones panties in a bunch over the search options here.
pat2.gif

I'm just tired of reading the somewhat-same Mobil-1 threads repeatedly. Good oil -- just lousy folks there when you need a straight-face/honest answer.

Yep. My only beef with M1 is price. It's a great oil. Triple 7, you should expect more iron threads. There have only been 10 or 12. The topic's got to be good for at least 20 or 30.
laugh.gif

Quote:

Yep. My only beef with M1 is price. It's a great oil. Triple 7, you should expect more iron threads. There have only been 10 or 12. The topic's got to be good for at least 20 or 30.
laugh.gif

Hey Brian
offtopic.gif

If iron-intake is good for women - and depletion is bad for vehicles -- what does that mean?..... vehicle PMS?
laugh.gif

Unless they added things you can't see in a spectrographic analysis, they basically cut their additive levels down significantly. Ca by 900ppm and boron by 200ppm. Sounds like they cheapened the product IMO. Take a look at the VOA section.

Well, with the end of 2-4-1, PP ain't so cheap either, ya know. AA has PP for 5.78, and the M1 is 5.98. The EP is $6.48, and the 0W20 SuperSyn is 6.24. Pricey enough, but since PP ain't doing 2-4-1 anymore, not that much more than PP. All the other GIII syns are in line with PP, too.

Question that pi55ed everyone off awhile back was the lack of response from EM as to whether we're getting a PAO for our money these days, or just another groupIII syn with a radically reduced ad-pack no less.

I was a long time M1 user of EM products and M1, but no more until I get a straight answer from EM about the M1 they charge more than ever for, but is showing poor results in the extended drains people buy the stuff for in the first place. They don't care about lil old me and whether or not I buy their water-laden, non-tier gasoline or their swill of a synthetic, but there you have it.

Color me yellow, I'm a Pennzoil/Shell man now. At least they're honest about the product, Shell is Top-Tier on their gasoline, and fact is, I rather admire them for Pennzoil Johnny's contributions and info on these here pages. Anyone in an equivalent position from Exxon/Mobil would have been the recipient of a cease and desist order long before now..

Well, I go by my Wal-Mart. All synths except M1 are now $4.97 a bottle. M1 is $5.68 and EP is $6.48. Someone tell me what we've seen on here from EP that justifies that price.

Quote:

Platinum is around $3.99 qt at Walmart - should you purchase the 5 qt. jug.

Not at mine. It works out to $3.79 at mine.
grin.gif
RTS even cheaper. But by the qt, its a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back