03 cobra oil

Few year back I’m sold my 03 cobra whipple
Made 600+ whp . I just bought it back 2 day ago . The preview owner take really good care of it . He using Mobil 1 5w30 with MCFL820S . He did a lot performing part and great tune . Red line a few time here and there but not abused . Cobra is 101k miles atm

I want change the oil but I’m still decided between Mobil 1 5w30 HM or PZ Platium HM 5w30 which ever available when I go into Walmart

And oil filter . I’m pick up and compare new fram endurance high flow ( this one seem really light weight ) , fram ultra . Mobil 1 ( this one feel the heavy of all ) . And FL820s ( price went up to almost $9 . It was around 4-5 last time I bought , hope they fix the tearing issue )

My goal for the cobra is . I drive it 1 a week just cruising around . Redline here and there after engine warm up and on back road street . I don’t plant on doing any kind of racing . I’m keeping this cobra I think forever . After sold it I regret so much . I pay more when I bough it back .

So what you guy think my oil choice and filter is and OCI . I’m thinking 1 a year ?

Oil is cheap but engine are expensive, a slogan says so. I do annual oil change on my cars, and they are daily rides. So if you have a somewhat rare or special car, annual oil change should be no brainer. Mobil 1 are a solid choice for oil, can`t go wrong with that.

I have a Lightning based 2.9 Whipple 5.4 2V in my 98 4x4 truck, I run either RP HPS 5/30 or M1 Euro 0-40 in it. Right now it has RP HPS 5/30 and our 13 GT500 has M1 Euro 0/40.

You can get Motorcraft 5w50 on Amazon for $15/qt. That’s what the newer supercharged Cobras spec’d.

Personally I’d probably use an HPL or Schaeffer’s product. IMO you’ve got the perfect situation for a boutique oil. High dollar, high performance engine and not going to require frequent changes due to low usage.

Made 600+ whp . I just bought it back 2 day ago . The preview owner take really good care of it . He using Mobil 1 5w30 with MCFL820S . He did a lot performing part and great tune . Red line a few time here and there but not abused . Cobra is 101k miles atm

I want change the oil but I’m still decided between Mobil 1 5w30 HM or PZ Platium HM 5w30 which ever available when I go into Walmart

And oil filter . I’m pick up and compare new fram endurance high flow ( this one seem really light weight ) , fram ultra . Mobil 1 ( this one feel the heavy of all ) . And FL820s ( price went up to almost $9 . It was around 4-5 last time I bought , hope they fix the tearing issue )

My goal for the cobra is . I drive it 1 a week just cruising around . Redline here and there after engine warm up and on back road street . I don’t plant on doing any kind of racing . I’m keeping this cobra I think forever . After sold it I regret so much . I pay more when I bough it back .

So what you guy think my oil choice and filter is and OCI . I’m thinking 1 a year ?
Didn't these spec 5w-50 from the factory. I know certain Mustangs Ford was explicit on the oil viscosity.

10W30 - in Texas. I run it up here in the north east in little 4 bangers. Superior stuff.

I would not run a euro LL oil, too much detergent for super Hi-Po - but it is a better option than an ILSAC RC 5W30 that's for dang sure.

My favorite ?off the shelf? engine oil is the M1 FS. Unledd the oil is too thin or not changed oil choice probably doesn't matter though.

Didn't these spec 5w-50 from the factory. I know certain Mustangs Ford was explicit on the oil viscosity.
03 Terminators actually spec 5/20 from the factory.
Yes, later SVT mustangs did call for 5-50.
I don't know anyone who actually has either and runs the factory weight oils.

I like 10w30 any brand synthetic.

Cool car, please post a photo of your Cobra. (y)

I like 10w30 any brand synthetic.

Cool car, please post a photo of your Cobra. (y)
IMG_1043.jpg

Wasn't the recommended oil a 5w-50 or was that the Roush mustang?

Nice ride. But it’s no rocket ship any quality 5w30 synthetic will work.
Valvoline, castrol, Quaker state, pennzoil, Mobil 1 all good stuff.
The motor craft filters are made well so are the wix xp and many others

I don’t follow?
You stated:
Rogueman2016s said:
Nice ride. But it’s no rocket ship

He stated:
MetalSlug said:
Made 600+ whp . I just bought it back 2 day ago

So, I assume somebody who is calling a car making 600+ RWHP "no rocket ship" owns something considerably faster.

Back