Is anybody still boycotting Citgo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cut up my Citgo cards and mailed them back to them several years ago. Since Chavez died... is the boycott still on? He is still dead isn't he?

Didn't know there was a boycott. All the Citgo's stil running strong and good for them. Your boycott doesn't hurt him at all, it hurts the person in the US who owns that store. Why were people upset at him? Because of the comment he made about Bush?

I did, and now just don't use because it doesn't have a good detergent add pack. For a cheap gas the price isn't even competitive where I live. BTW, Citgo is the closest station to me. It is my understanding that they nationalized some of our oil companys' property down there.

I never boycott them, they are fine with me. However it seems like their local station has switched to independent as their major competitor (Rotten Robbie) is cheaper without being a franchise and Citgo isn't a major brand that demand a premium anyways.

Originally Posted By: NightRiderQ45
Why were people upset at him? Because of the comment he made about Bush?

"Because he hates freedom"

I had a citgo rewards cc that came out right before this whole chavez thing. Then I was disappointed when 7-11 convenience stores unbranded themselves and my citgo options were reduced.

Long story short, now I have a chase cc that equally rewards all gas stations.

I still boycott Citgo, even though Chavez is gone.
The money still goes to supporting the Communist regime in Venezuela where they are restricting freedom of speech and have confiscated private property.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
The money still goes to supporting the Communist regime in Venezuela where they are restricting freedom of speech and have confiscated private property.

Every oil company has blood on its hands when extracting oil out of non developed nations. It is just a sad and dirty part of the business.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear

Every oil company has blood on its hands when extracting oil out of non developed nations. It is just a sad and dirty part of the business.

Exactly. If you're going to choose gasoline based on high ethical standards, get prepared to start riding your bicycle. The best one can do is to try and use less of it.

And even "boycotting" Citgo isn't boycotting Citgo. They're still getting your money and you're still using Citgo products whether you know it or not. The only one you're hurting is the station owner. Same goes for BP boycotts. Venezuela doesn't care and will never see any effect of your boycott. Nobody in Venezuela ever has or ever will say "gee, if only we would change our policies, we'd have those billions of dollars back from America," because they're not short any money at all as the result of any boycotts here.

And Venezuela is not communist

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: J. A. Rizzo

And even "boycotting" Citgo isn't boycotting Citgo. They're still getting your money and you're still using Citgo products whether you know it or not. The only one you're hurting is the station owner. Same goes for BP boycotts. Venezuela doesn't care and will never see any effect of your boycott. Nobody in Venezuela ever has or ever will say "gee, if only we would change our policies, we'd have those billions of dollars back from America," because they're not short any money at all as the result of any boycotts here.

That is something that few understand. Oil is in demand worldwide. You don't buy it, someone else will. Be it say India, China, or even the company you would rather deal with.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
They confiscate private property here too. They call it imminent domain .

Eminent.... And you do get paid for it. Guy I used to work with got a good price for his house and moved to Florida.

Interesting how people over here hate communism with a passion, but let me ask you this: how many of you have ever lived under communism ?

Let me tell you what the difference is between communism and capitalism from my perspective - a man who lived in both

-In communism you get screwed by the system
-In capitalism you get screwed by the people with $$$

Originally Posted By: Andy636
Interesting how people over here hate communism with a passion, but let me ask you this: how many of you have ever lived under communism ?

Let me tell you what the difference is between communism and capitalism from my perspective - a man who lived in both

Yep you are so correct on that. Does not help any on the folks that can hate something they don't know ish about and watched way too many Rambo and Chuck Norris movies.

Hasta
Bo

Originally Posted By: Andy636

At least with capitalism you get a pretty good chance to be the one doing the screwing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back