Using A Stolen Credit Card Still

I’ve had almost every credit card under the sun like Lowell George drove trucks in Willin’.

My FICO 9 has been 850 many a time.

Capital One rejected me so I’ve never considered getting their card since then.

Interesting how not having installment loans means potentially getting rejected for new credit. Rather ironic
My credit score always takes a hit due to no installment loans. The Credit karma and Credit Sesame are a joke. If your score is high they show you how to lower it by using it more or getting more cards!

P.s. I do like Discover IT. I do use the 5% revolving categories, except gas since I have PenFed 5% gas.

I paid late one month and no fees/consequences. I have since gone through all my accounts, and set autopay balance in full.

Got a surprise from Bank of America. Every other card if you pay prior to autopay, the autopay is reduced by what you paid ie cancelled. BAC double paid the statement balance…

IME AMEX will overnight a card. Sometimes they don't offer but if you ask I bet they will. They used to always do it, then they started offering as an option.

I had a rash of my card number somehow being repeatedly stolen, so I received several in a short period of time. AMEX finally completely closed that account and started anew. Not sure why that helped, but it seemed to solve the problem.

IME AMEX will overnight a card. Sometimes they don't offer but if you ask I bet they will. They used to always do it, then they started offering as an option.

I had a rash of my card number somehow being repeatedly stolen, so I received several in a short period of time. AMEX finally completely closed that account and started anew. Not sure why that helped, but it seemed to solve the problem.

Citi does this too, but not the credit unions…

Think I mentioned this in a tizzy I lost my Citi Costco Visa card and was frustrated. Pouring rain I had inflated my tires so I went back to look.

Accepting I literally lost it in the parking lot, I used the app to cancel and request a new card. I could do everything including getting the acct# of my new card, could already add it to apple wallet and begin spending.

Only issue is gas needs the actual membership card (which is on the back of the Visa) but the guy let it slide (they didn’t accept app barcode at least last summer).

Very amazing the power of an app and its design

Back