Using A Stolen Credit Card Still

B of A is the one. When I drove to Florida I stopped at 3 gas stations along the way and they shut down my card on the third one.
They told me I need to inform them when I travel...yes they did...lol
B of A used to flag my card regularly at the gas station in NJ. I would call them up and they would tell me it was because I was out of state, but NJ is maybe 30 minutes form my home address...

B of A used to flag my card regularly at the gas station in NJ. I would call them up and they would tell me it was because I was out of state, but NJ is maybe 30 minutes form my home address...
Yup that's it....
They did it to me when I was buying appliances at the worst time... drove me nuts..

Got so bad I called them from the gas station to tell them I was going to use my card out of state. Still got declined though. :D

As a friend that owes me $55 noted... 😆 🤣

1000001794.jpg

Don't understand this at all, but it's probably elderly brain fog. Are you saying your on-line activity automatically transfers to your new account number? If not I would think sooner or later, Discover would cancel your account and that would give you a FICO hit, unless you have so much underutilized credit that this would be a drop in the bucket. Lost a Discover a few months ago and they got me a new card in a few days.

Don't understand this at all, but it's probably elderly brain fog. Are you saying your on-line activity automatically transfers to your new account number? If not I would think sooner or later, Discover would cancel your account and that would give you a FICO hit, unless you have so much underutilized credit that this would be a drop in the bucket. Lost a Discover a few months ago and they got me a new card in a few days.
No it does not go to my new number as that hasn't been activated yet.
Since this thread I have talked to Discover and they are fine with it.
It's still usable until late 2026

Discover doesn't like closing accounts. I had a hard time closing two inactive ones from them. And now they were bought by Capital One? Another sleazy car issuer.

I didn’t use my Citi and they cancelled it. It had like $28k of credit. I got it as a sophomore in college. Don’t really want to say how long ago that was, but there were some cool new movies like Lethal Weapon that came out at that time 😂

I didn’t use my Citi and they cancelled it. It had like $28k of credit. I got it as a sophomore in college. Don’t really want to say how long ago that was, but there were some cool new movies like Lethal Weapon that came out at that time 😂
I had a Citi card they canceled this year. Hadn't used it in a long time. American Express told me this year to use it or lose it.

Most CC companies use your unused credit limit as collateral, that's why they push for higher limits

Discover doesn't like closing accounts. I had a hard time closing two inactive ones from them. And now they were bought by Capital One? Another sleazy car issuer.
I’ve had almost every credit card under the sun like Lowell George drove trucks in Willin’.

My FICO 9 has been 850 many a time.

Capital One rejected me so I’ve never considered getting their card since then.

Interesting how not having installment loans means potentially getting rejected for new credit. Rather ironic

I had a Citi card they canceled this year. Hadn't used it in a long time. American Express told me this year to use it or lose it.

Most CC companies use your unused credit limit as collateral, that's why they push for higher limits
Yeah AMEX I got senior year. It too had a limit in the mid $20’s and due to non use? It’s like $5k now. AMEX is terrible imho. We get 3% groceries, that’s it. Other cards offer that too. Most cards make redemption easy, at any amount. Not AMEX

Back