Is an inverter air conditioner more efficient than a window air conditioner?

The mini split will make it more comfortable, you'll really never know it's running and it will use about 50% of the power that the window shaker is using to do a poor job.
Agree. The mini split units really are quiet and efficient. They’re great.

Wow. In the USA you can add two zeros to that installation quote.
That's the thing. US installation cost is prohibitive, the equipment cost is prohibitive. All because of mixing AC with gas license and insurance. Also central AC being heavy and charging refrigerant need license also mixed up with natural gas, and electrician is needed for 240V instead of just a plug to the wall for 220V. All these shenanigans add up to the 100x extra.

In a 7 foot by 10 foot room a fan would be even cheaper.
Fan just mix things up, it doesn't cool, it doesn't bring heat outside. As a matter of fact if you close the door and turn on the fan it will heat up the room (with the electricity it uses).

Fan just mix things up, it doesn't cool, it doesn't bring heat outside. As a matter of fact if you close the door and turn on the fan it will heat up the room (with the electricity it uses).

I know. I was just making note of the size of room which is 72 sq feet. In fact I have lived in similar sized rooms in the tropics with just a fan. A air conditioner is ideal but sometimes you have to make due.

I know. I was just making note of the size of room which is 72 sq feet. In fact I have lived in similar sized rooms in the tropics with just a fan. A air conditioner is ideal but sometimes you have to make due.
True. It also depends on what you are trying to cool and to what temperature.

You cannot cool a server with just fan in a closed closet. You also cannot let a server sweat to cool itself down.

It's fun sleeping in a hot room where your only cooling is your sweat being evaporated by a fan blowing directly on you. The power goes out and you wake up on fire.

It's fun sleeping in a hot room where your only cooling is your sweat being evaporated by a fan blowing directly on you. The power goes out and you wake up on fire.

I hear ya. After Super Typhoon Haiyan came through were I lived we had no electricity for months. Fortunately I had 3 battery fans about 4” or so in diameter that could be charged by solar. Those came in very handy but you had to be close to them to get any relief. Still, I sweated gallons.

Back