Is 5w20 oil safe for a 2004 Camry?

There is never cold enough weather in Florida where you need to be warming up the car before driving anywhere. Just start it and immediately go. That’s what I do in my area even when it’s 10F in the winter.

Yeah everyday it’s another problem lol. I just can’t believe this stupid shop put in 5w20 when the cap clearly states 5w30, people are stupid. But, hopefully it’ll be okay, I have a trusted mechanic real close to my house so it’ll be a short drive to get it replaced. Only about 20 miles driven since the oil change too.
Are you able to do your own maintenance? Use this as a lesson and do things yourself.

Thanks guys, I just decided to buy some Rhino ramps and changed it back to 5w30 conventional oil myself for my own peace of mind. Could be just me, but after a test drive seems to drive a little better. Not taking it back to Valvoline again after they put the wrong oil and I had to go back because they overfilled it. At least I know I do proper work. And, 5w30 will be better for our hot Florida summer. Could give a **** about saving a tiny bit of gas.

Thats the spirit.

Are you able to do your own maintenance? Use this as a lesson and do things yourself.
Yeah I can, I just don’t like too 😂, but at least I’ll know it’s done properly. I changed the oil myself this morning back to 5/30. I’ve been car free for months now, it’s not bad at all, using the city bus and scooter, but I live in a real walkable area with everything nearby. If I didn’t get a great price on this I still would be carfree. It’s really not as bad as people think, I kinda like it not dealing with traffic and dumb people lol

Last edited:
Back