Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you. My 401K stock funds are getting beat dead. Since I'm turning 50 this year, I can start the so called "make up" (or is it catch up?) extra $5000, since I'm maxed out in the regular 401K deduction, I just ratcheted that up - may as well!

Tomorrow I'll buy some more funds and in particular some more high yielders.....if stocks won't appreciate, I'll take the interest.

I'm getting trigger happy too on u.s. funds. But I'm wondering if the market has fully priced in the bond insurer fiasco yet. Plus, what is really going to throw a wrench in this is we have no idea whether the government will come to the rescue of the bond insurers.

All the world markets were down today, big time. If the futures are correct in indicating a big down US open, with high volume, that is consistent with a capitulation day. That is the bell that's rung at the bottom.

I won't be buying though, I want to see some stabilization first.....
12.gif

Futures still off by 2.5% although that's more manageable.

European markets moved into the green.

Last edited:
Wow, Euro markets back in the red and DJ futures back down to -400. How bad are things when a .75 rate cut barely makes a dent?

Yeah he seems like a big phoney but I'm telling you the time to buy is NOT when the media are ALL telling you to be in. How many overall bargain opportunities have come in the market in the last 20 years? A few, and "everyone" was too scared to buy....

It's instant mayhem. My energy and ag. ETFs down 4 and 3% respectively but my S&P 500 ultra short is covering by going up 8%. This is going to be a rolling coaster day, my friends.

Equity markets recovering nicely now. Oil and gold shooting back up. Order seems to be restoring....at least temporarily.

Bailed out of SKF on time at $128. It's down to $124 now.

It's a good time to jump in and grab some more stocks. Too bad I can't free up any cash from existing holding as everything in my portfolio is down.

I did a little morning buying. Nothing huge just BGT, EFT….

TMA and PFO up nicely. Good behavior!!

My various MF's will be down, of course. Seems like the Dow and S&P 500 had some resistance…..NASDAQ is scaring me, but I want to buy some QQQQ.

I was all ready to dive in headfirst into some MF's if we were heading for a -400+ day.

Some of my funds were actually up today, so glad I didn't.

Those infrastructure companies scare me a bit if we swing a certain direction in the upcoming Nov 4 decision.....but seeing how aussieland already went that way.....

I pretty much stood pat. Almost pulled trigger the a Fidelity value fund but decided to wait until the dust settler. Lost about 0.5% of my portfolio. My real estate inverse didn't hedge for me.

Civicfan, I also bailed out of SKF last week at $124. Just in time it looks like.

Interesting that. Because indeed FRESX was up 3.60%, which I got into last week.

The ONLY thing I will kick myself for today is not buying some international ETF's. I was sleeping at the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back